Pay an infringement or request a payment plan

This page has information on how to:

  • pay a general infringement (sometimes referred to as a 'fine') 
  • pay a parking infringement
  • nominate a driver for a parking infringement (anchor link to section below)
  • request a payment plan for your infringement
  • appeal your infringement (that is, request an internal review of Council's decision to issue an infringement). 

Pay your infringement online

Pay over the phone: 1300 787 624 (credit card payment)

Pay in-person: 20 Siding Ave, Officer

Pay your infringement online 

Pay over the phone: 1300 787 624 (credit card payment) 

Pay in person: 20 Siding Ave, Officer

The registered owner of a vehicle is responsible for parking infringements issued to their vehicle.

  • If your vehicle has received a parking infringement but you weren’t the driver at the time of the parking offence, you can nominate the driver, which transfers the liability of the infringement to them. 
  • The owner of the registered vehicle must complete the Operator Owner Onus form, using our online infringement portal. 

Please ensure you enter all details correctly. Incomplete or incorrect forms will not be accepted. This is a legal document, and it's an offence to provide false or misleading information. 

Nominate another driver online - Please complete the section 'To view and manage your infringement'


If an infringement notice is not paid by the due date, we may have to take action to secure your payment, which can involve more costs and charges to you.

If you are having trouble paying your infringement, contact us straight away to ask about a payment plan or whether you can get more time to pay the infringement.

Request a payment plan online - Please complete the section 'To view and manage your infringement'

Download a payment plan application form

To appeal your infringement, you can apply for Council to conduct an internal review of its decision to issue the infringement if you believe any of the following apply to your situation. 

  • You were unaware the infringement was issued. You are eligible to apply under this ground if:
    • you were not personally served the infringement, and
    • you ask for the review within 14 days of becoming aware of the infringement, and
    • you updated your address (eg with VicRoads) within 14 days of moving. 
  • The decision was contrary to law 
  • The incident involved a mistake of identity
  • Special/exceptional circumstances apply - these might include:
    • a mental or intellectual disability, disorder, disease or illness 
    • a serious addiction to drugs, alcohol or other intoxicating substance, 
    • homelessness; or
    • family violence. 

Request for your infringement to be reviewed online - Please complete the section 'To view and manage your infringement'

If you prefer, you can download a form to appeal your infringement and post it to us at:

Infringement appeals
Cardinia Shire Council 
PO Box 7
Pakenham VIC 3810

What happens after you make an appeal 

We have 90 days to review your application, however it may take longer if we need more information from you.  

We may:

  • uphold the decision to issue the infringement  
  • withdraw the infringement
  • issue an official warning
  • refer the matter to the Magistrates’ Court of Victoria. 

We will contact you in writing to let you know of the decision. 

Ask to have the matter reviewed by the Court

If you receive an infringement, you are entitled to ask that the alleged offence be determined by a Court. 

  • Infringements can be filed with the Magistrates’ Court (or the Children’s Court if you are under 18 years old).
  • You will receive a summons that tells you the date and time that the charge will be heard – this can be called a 'charge sheet' or a 'hearing notice'.
  • If you do not go to Court, the Court may decide the case and make Court orders in your absence.

If the infringement is referred to a Court

The Magistrate will decide whether the offence is proven. If the offence is proven, the Magistrate will decide on a penalty.

If you are found guilty of the offence, the Magistrate may:

  • sentence you to a fine that is more or less than the original infringement penalty
  • record a conviction
  • dismiss or discharge the charge
  • make a community corrections order
  • adjourn the case.

You should obtain legal advice before attending court.

How to elect to go to Court 

You must elect to go to Court in writing. You can either:

In your letter or email, you must provide a current address where Court documents can be served on you.