Apply for kindergarten
Apply by 30 June
Applications for funded kindergarten and pre-kindergarten places in our community kindergartens for 2018 are due by 30 June 2017. Apply before this date to ensure you are eligible for a 1st round placement.
Before you apply, it is a good idea to contact the kindergartens you are planning to apply for to make an appointment to visit. This is a great way to get a feel for each kindergarten, to ask questions (about days and times, fees or subsidies available), and to share information about your child.
See map of kindergarten locations below
|Children's Centres||Kindergartens only|
Early Years information session
Before you apply, attend a free information session from 7pm on Thursday 22 June.
Things to know before you apply
- A non-refundable fee of $26 per application must be paid by credit/debit card during the application process (non-transferable)
- Proof of birth is required when applying. Australian Government documentation such as a birth certificate, passport or immunisation history statement (download from Medicare Online) is preferred.
- Applications must be submitted by 30 June to be included in the 1st round of offers for the following year.
- Applications made after 30 June will be processed in subsequent rounds.
- We will confirm your application within 10 business days.
Our online kindergarten portal is the easiest way to enrol for kindergarten.
Use the portal to:
- respond to kindergarten offers
- view, access and update enrolment information
- change preferences (only before accepting an offer)
- change year of attendance
- withdraw applications
- cancel applications.
Contact the Central Enrolment Officer if you need help using the online portal. If you cannot upload proof of birth documentation to the portal, complete the application without the documentation and we will contact you.
If you are using an Apple device to access the Kindergarten portal, please open in Chrome or Firefox. The Kindergarten Portal is currently experiencing issues in Safari. We appreciate your understanding.
Offers are sent by email (or mail) and you can accept your offer using our kindergarten portal. First round offers for funded kindergarten start in early July and pre-kindergarten offers start in early August. Subsequent offers start 2 weeks later and will continue until all children are placed.
If there is a high demand for 1st preference places at a particular program, priority is given to:
- children attending the kindergarten for a second year
- priority children (as identified in the Victorian Government Kindergarten Guide)
- how close you live to the preferred kindergarten
- other siblings that have attended or other connection to the kindergarten (parent on committee or attended)
- Cardinia Shire residents/ratepayers
Once you have received and accepted your offer, the kindergarten will contact you about the program and which days and hours are available. All questions should be directed to the kindergarten after you have received a placement.