Apply for kindergarten or accept an offer
Use our online portal to apply
For a list of all community kindergartens in Cardinia Shire go to the List of kindergartens and child and family centres web page.
Applying for funded kindergarten
To enrol, your child must be 4 on or before 30 April in the year they will start kindergarten.
When you apply, the online kindergarten portal will automatically select the correct year for your child, however, you can change this to a later year after the application has been submitted by contacting the Central Enrolment Officer on 1300 787 624 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Things to know before you apply
- A non-refundable fee of $27 per application must be paid by credit/debit card during the application process (non-transferable)
- Proof of birth is required when applying. Australian Government documentation such as a birth certificate, passport or immunisation history statement (download from Medicare Online) is preferred.
- Applications must be submitted by 30 June to be included in the 1st round of offers for the following year.
- Applications made after 30 June will be processed in subsequent rounds.
- We will confirm your application within 10 business days.
How to accept an offer
Offers are sent by email (or mail) and you can accept your offer using our kindergarten portal.
Our online kindergarten portal is the easiest way to enrol for kindergarten.
Use the portal to:
- respond to kindergarten offers
- view, access and update enrolment information
- change preferences (only before accepting an offer)
- change year of attendance
- withdraw applications
- cancel applications.
Contact us on 1300 787 624 if you need help using the online portal. If you cannot upload proof of birth documentation to the portal, complete the application without the documentation and we will contact you.
If you are using an Apple device to access the Kindergarten portal, please open in Chrome or Firefox. The Kindergarten Portal is currently experiencing issues in Safari. We appreciate your understanding.