Register for kindergarten or accept an offer
Use our online portal to register
For a list of all community kindergartens in Cardinia Shire go to the List of kindergartens and child and family centres web page.
Registering for funded kindergarten
To register, your child must be 4 on or before 30 April in the year they will start kindergarten.
When you register, the online kindergarten portal will automatically select the correct year for your child, however, you can change this to a later year after the registration has been submitted by contacting the Central Registration Officer on 1300 787 624 or email@example.com
Things to know before you register
- A non-refundable fee of $27.50 per registration year must be paid by credit/debit card when you register (non-transferable). If you/your family have had prior contact with DHHS, Child First or Child Protection or you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, you may be eligible for 2 years of free kindergarten starting at 3 years of age. Please do not register online - contact the Central Registration Officer 1300 787 624 to enquire as you may not have to pay a fee. For further information go to the Department of Education website
- Proof of birth is required when applying. Australian Government documentation such as a birth certificate, passport or immunisation history statement (download from Medicare Online) is preferred.
- Registrations must be submitted by 30 June to be included in the 1st round of offers for the following year.
- Registrations made after 30 June will be processed in subsequent rounds.
- We will confirm your registration within 10 business days.
How to accept an offer
Offers are sent by email (or mail) and you can accept your offer using our kindergarten portal.
Our online kindergarten portal is the easiest way to register for kindergarten.
Use the portal to:
- respond to kindergarten offers
- view, access and update registration information
- change preferences (only before accepting an offer)
- change year of attendance
- withdraw registrations
- cancel registrations.
Contact us on 1300 787 624 if you need help using the online portal. If you cannot upload proof of birth documentation to the portal, complete the registration without the documentation and we will contact you.
If you are using an Apple device to access the Kindergarten portal, please open in Chrome or Firefox. The Kindergarten Portal is currently experiencing issues in Safari. We appreciate your understanding.