Business strengthening and renewal after the Bunyip Complex bushfires
Increasing economic recovery services
- Daryl Brooke, our Economic Recovery Officer, will be working full time to help fire-affected businesses who are now being further impacted by the COVID-19 until June 2021.
- We encourage all businesses in the bushfire area to contact Daryl to see how he can help. Contact Daryl by email at email@example.com or by phoning 0433 948 258
Free business mentoring
The Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) are offering eligible business owners up to four 2-hour sessions with a mentor who will help them make informed decisions about the future of their business.
More info: Visit the VCCI
Emerge stronger with free online learning
Support for local businesses is now available at our Cardinia Business portal. Business Victoria has free business programs available. The wide range of practical help and resources are aimed to prepare individuals and businesses for a stronger recovery.
More info: Business Victoria
West Gippsland Progress Association (WGPA)
Do you farm or run a business in the rural areas generally between Pakenham and Warrigal? WGPA may have a project in progress for you! Working with the bushfire economic recovery program we can now offer these farm and business opportunities during 2021:
Farmer and small business mentoring system pilot
- Guide others or get guidance. A system run by local people for local people.
Regenerative agriculture principles training and self verification
- Interested in Regen Ag. Get onboard this long term program now. We need farmers thinking of using the principles as well as the long term committed.
- Consider a collaborative farmer entity that looks at collaborative investments, resources, market channels and marketing for local produce and farmer development programs
Destination West Gippsland
- Work with regional partners to identify viable existing visitor product and target markets. Plan visitor promotional campaigns and a Quality Tourism Accreditation program.
Food tourism strategy
- Work with the team to scope this project and choose a consultant.
This is your invitation to participate. To inquire or get involved contact Barry Crees or Daryl Brooke:
Want locals to know where your business is? List on the Buy Local Map. Or are you looking for assistance with your farm or business. The Economic Development team are there to help.
Visit the Cardinia Business website for information.
- Farmers Assistance Hotline: 132 316 for farming families experiencing financial hardship. (Mon to Fri, 8am to 8pm).
- Centrelink: 132 850
- Insurance Council of Australia disaster hotline: 1800 734 621 Claims from affected policyholders will be given priority.
- Rural Financial Counselling Service (RFCS): 1300 045 747 Free financial counselling to farmers and small related businesses.
- State Trustees: 1300 138 672
- Superannuation: 1300 131 060 (early access on compassionate grounds)
- Victorian Disaster Legal Aid: 1800 677 402
- Consumer Affairs Victoria: 1300 55 81 81 or www.consumer.vic.gov.au/disasterhelp
- Australian Passport Information Service: 131 232 you may be eligible for a free replacement passport if it has been lost or damaged in the fires.