Apply now for the 2019 Youth Council
Our inaugural Youth Council 2018
Cardinia Shire’s first-ever Youth Council was formed in January 2018 for a 12-month period.
The Youth Council is made up of 9 young people from across the shire, aged between 15 and 21.
Youth Council members
- Mehdi Ahmadi
- Joe Barratt
- Prachi Beniwal
- Emily Bloxidge
- Kurt Caddy
- Hajar El-Hennawi
- Amy Gregorovich
- Jennifer James
- Kiara Venturi
How members were elected
The 2018 youth councillors were selected by Cardinia Shire’s 9 councillors.
Members were chosen for their:
- leadership qualities
- desire to help build a stronger local community
- interest in having a say on local issues that affect young people
- interest in local government.
What the program involves
Youth councillors receive:
- a Cardinia Shire councillor as a mentor for the duration of the program
- the chance to discuss and debate local issues impacting on young people
- monthly leadership workshops with high profile guest speakers.