Changes to Council services due to COVID-19
- This page has information on the Council services we've had to suspend or change due to Victorian Government COVID-19 restrictions.
- For all other information including COVID-19 support services, visit our COVID-19 Online Help Hub.
- As directions from the Victorian Government change, we may need to alter the way we deliver essential services.
- Please follow Victorian Government guidance on how to stay safe and well. Avoid using Council services and facilities if you feel unwell.
- Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Current restrictions in Victoria
Visit the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Victoria website for all the latest COVID-19 information including:
- travel permits and restrictions
- mask regulations
- exposure sites
- symptoms and testing
- gathering limits
To find out where to get tested, visit the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Victoria testing locations page.
Remember, there are local testing sites at:
Customer service centre, Officer
- Our customer service desk at the Civic Centre is closed.
- You can still contact us online, or by phone, post or email
- For online transactions that you make often, please visit the pay, report and apply pages.
Rix Road Integrated Family and Child Centre public art workshop - POSTPONED
Cardinia Cultural Centre
Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 August
White Ribbon fundraiser and award ceremony - POSTPONED
Cardinia Cultural Centre
Thursday 29 July
The Push: all ages tour - POSTPONED
Saturday 9 September - rescheduled to early 2022 (date TBC)
For Casey Cardinia Library events, please visit their website for the latest information.
- All Casey Cardinia Libraries (including the Cardinia Mobile Library) are currently closed.
- In line with government advice we will continue to offer contactless ‘Click and Collect’ and Home Delivery
- ‘Click and Collect’ is available Monday – Friday, 10am to 4pm, and on Saturdays at most libraries (Check website for details). No need to book. As soon as you get notification that your items are at your nominated library you can head to the library and collect them, BYO mask
- ‘Click and Collect’ Saturday Hours are: Doveton: 9-12pm, Emerald, 10am-2:30pm and 10am-4 pm all other libraries
- ‘Click and Collect’ is available on the Cardinia Mobile (CMO) Library which is running an altered route which can be found here (Please note the CMO will not run Saturday 14 August)
- FREE HOME DELIVERY IS available, log into your account via our website and follow the prompts
- Many events have been affected please call if you are unsure about an event you have booked in for, if your event has been cancelled you will get an email
- Digital Library is open 24/7 you can download books, kids entertainment stream music and more!
- Library@Home, stacks of videos to keep adults and kids entertained
- Phones are ON, call Customer Care on 1800 577 548 (Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm, Saturday 10am - 4pm)
- Casey Cardinia Libraries App is open 24/7 and all accessible at your fingertips, download it now
- Cardinia Casey Libraries COVID-19 information
Maternal and Child Health (MCH) services
Maternal and Child Health (MCH) services are open:
- Where possible, a nurse will visit your home for your newborn check. On some days when there are a high number of babies due for a newborn check, you may be asked to come to a consult room for your newborn check.
- 2 week, 4 week, 8 week checks will have a face to face physical check following a telehealth consultation
- 4 month, 8 month, 12 month, 18 month, 2 year and 3.5 year checks are currently telehealth consultations
- Group sessions are currently online only
- To book an appointment or make an enquiry call 5943 4250 from 9am to 4pm on weekdays.
Our COVID-19 Online Help Hub
Our online help hub is your one-stop-shop for finding information on topics including:
- directory of local relief service providers
- information on our Community and Business Support Package
- government assistance for individuals, households and businesses
- current situation status, case numbers and restrictions
- symptoms and how to keep yourself healthy and slow the spread of the virus
- what to do if you suspect you have COVID-19, or are diagnosed with it
- family violence support
- looking after your mental health.
Parks, nature reserves, playgrounds, skate parks, BMX tracks, BBQs
- Playgrounds have reopened for children under 12, accompanied by only one parent or carer. Adults should not remove their masks to eat or drink. Checking into the playground via QR code is mandatory.
- Skate parks and outdoor exercise equipment are again open.
- Basketball hoops and BBQs are closed for now.
Mt Cannibal Fauna and Flora Reserve is open.
- The park is operating with a one-way only walking track to allow for physical distancing.
- The public toilets are open.
- Visitors to the park must follow the instructions on all signs at the reserve.
- We are working with Victoria Police to monitor use of the park to ensure restrictions are followed.
Emerald Lake Park is open.
- Emerald Lake Park and Nobelius Heritage Park are open to visitors, provided current restrictions are followed.
- The playground will re-open from 11:59pm on Thursday 2 September, in line with the restrictions stated above.
- BBQs are closed.
- Emerald Lake Park Cafe is closed.
- The paddleboats are closed.
- The model railway is closed.
- Nobelius Heritage Park is open.
- Emerald Museum is closed.
Deep Creek Reserve - the playground will re-open from 11:59pm on Thursday 2 September, in line with the restrictions stated above.
Deep Creek Reserve golf course and complex is closed.
Deep Creek Nursery is closed.
Kindergartens remain open for children in the following categories:
- A child in a two parent/carer family or a one parent/carer family may access early childhood education and care (excluding OHSC) where one parent is an authorised worker (working on site or from home) and there is no appropriate alternative care available in the home. If there is another adult in the household, authorised workers can still access onsite childcare or kindergarten if the other adult is not able to supervise the child/ren (including due to work or personal circumstances such as illness or disability).
- Children experiencing vulnerability
For more information please contact your kindergarten provider.
Youth Services and youth facilities
- Youth Services and youth facilities including My Place are closed for now.
Access our Youth Services Directory for useful resources and information.
Leisure facilities, stadiums and pools
Cardinia Life Leisure Centre, Pakenham - closed
Pakenham Regional Tennis Centre - closed
Community halls and hubs
Integrated children’s centres - open for kindergarten and immunisations.
Cardinia Cultural Centre
Cardinia Cultural Centre - closed
Immunisation sessions continue
- Immunisations will continue during restrictions.
- Please refer to the immunisation sessions schedule for venues and times.
Council and Town Planning Committee meetings
Council meetings and Town Planning Committee meetings will be held online due to current COVID-19 restrictions.
You can watch Council meetings and Town Planning Committee meetings via live-to-air via webcast.
Other events, facilities and information
- Bin collections run as normal.
- The community bus is not available for hire.