Changes to park access due to Puffing Billy Discovery Centre construction at Emerald Lake Park
The new Puffing Billy Discovery Centre is being built at Emerald Lake Park, Emerald. This is an Emerald Tourist Railway Board project.
The $20 million project is being funded by the Victorian Government, Federal Government and Puffing Billy Railway.
- The new centre will be the new central hub for Puffing Billy. It will greatly enhance the Puffing Billy experience for visitors to the popular tourist attraction.
- It’s also an important step in opening up the Lakeside to Gembrook section of the train line for use all year round.
More info: Puffing Billy website
Where the centre will be located in the park
The new centre will be located along the railway line near the existing Puffing Billy Station.
Park facilities that will be impacted by the works
- The Emerald Tourist Railway Board is aiming to coordinate works so that they have minimal impact on park users.
- Access and use restrictions will only be put in place when necessary for public safety reasons.
- Click the links below to find out how these facilities will be affected by the works:
When the works will start and finish
We understand that works will start in mid-November 2019 and that the centre will be completed by December 2020. For the most up-to-date information visit the Puffing Billy website
Features of the new Puffing Billy Discovery Centre
- Function spaces
- Upgraded toilet facilities
- Food and beverage options
- Interpretation spaces for school groups and families.