Recipients announced for two 2022–23 community grants programs
Cardinia Shire Council has announced the 2022–23 Festival and Events Grants and the Community Wellbeing Support Grants programs.
At its meeting on Monday 18 July 2022, Council considered and endorsed the awarding of more than:
- $230,595 in funding toward 48 applications under the 2022–23 Festival and Events Grants program.
- $60,642 in funding toward 34 applications under the 2022–23 Community Wellbeing Support Grants program.
Cardinia Shire Mayor Councillor Jeff Springfield said the grants programs seek to provide support for a range of events and sustainable initiatives that improve health and wellbeing, support volunteer development, and build capacity of community organisations.
“Our grants programs are one way that we can provide support to our community and volunteer groups and help them deliver a wide range of initiatives to the benefit of the whole community.
“Thank you to everyone who took the time and effort to submit your applications, and congratulations to all of the successful applicants. Council wishes you all the very best with your events and projects,” said the Mayor.
Festivals and events grants
Council’s Festivals and Events Grants program supports eligible not-for-profit, community-run festival and event organisers and RSL clubs. The grants help cover the costs of running local events that reflect local identity and interests, including community, arts and cultural festivals and events, as well as agricultural shows and major events.
This year’s funding includes grants previously approved in the 2020-21 and 2021-22 Festival and Events Grants programs for events that had to be postponed due to COVID-19.
Community wellbeing support grants
Council’s Community Wellbeing Support Grants program seeks to equitably support sustainable community-led initiatives that address identified and unmet community need and aim to:
- improve resident health and wellbeing
- support opportunities for volunteer development
- build capacity of community groups through support for projects and programs.
The Community wellbeing support grants are awarded to eligible community groups and projects across Cardinia Shire for:
- Seeding grants to support the cost of starting a new organisation, group, club, program, project, or service.
- Volunteering grants to help create volunteering programs, train volunteers, or promote volunteering opportunities.
- Small change grants to assist with a range of ad hoc costs that cannot be met through other funding sources, such as buying small items of equipment, website redevelopment, Christmas decorations and more.
For more information about Council’s community grants programs, visit our website at www.cardinia.vic.gov.au/grants or call 1300 787 624.