Exhibitor registrations open for Together We Can Community Leadership Summit 2022
Local organisations are encouraged to register as exhibitors at the 2022 Together We Can Community Leadership Summit.
The annual summit is an opportunity for community members and organisations to come together to discuss ways to stop, prevent and end family violence in Cardinia Shire.
The free event also offers businesses and not-for-profits the chance to promote their services which respond to and help those impacted by family violence.
Cardinia Shire Mayor Councillor Jeff Springfield encouraged local organisations to register their interest in attending the event.
“The Together We Can summit aims to increase attendees' knowledge and awareness of our local family violence service system and available support services,” he said.
“We want to empower members of our community to be able to report and respond to family violence and be able to assist others to do the same.
“But to do this, our whole community must be involved and support those impacted, especially children and young people.”
This year’s summit will take place on Tuesday 17 and Wednesday 18 May at the Cardinia Cultural Centre and will cover:
- what family violence looks like
- how it can be stopped
- how the laws work
- where people can get local support.
Session times include:
- Tuesday 17 May: 9.15am to 3.20pm
- Wednesday 18 May: 9.15am to 2.45pm
- Wednesday 18 May: 6.45pm—9pm (special session for workplaces and sport and recreation clubs)
The Together We Can Community Leadership Summit is a partnership initiative consisting of community members, government and not-for-profit organisations.
Family violence and related services can register their interest in a stall at: bit.ly/3DZEIew. There are limited spaces.
General admission tickets for community members will be available soon – make sure to save the date!
- If you have used violence against a family member and want help to stop, call Relationships Australia Victoria on 1300 364 277.
- If you or someone you know needs free counselling about experiencing sexual assault or family violence, call 1800 RESPECT on 1800 737 732.
- If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, call the police on 000. If it is not an emergency and you want Police to investigate, call 131 444.
For more information about the 2022 Together We Can Summit, call the Collective Impact Team on 1300 787 624.