Music Residency artists and events announced!
Council is proud to announce its 2020 Music Residency participants as well as a series of NEW online music events performed by this year’s artists!
Cardinia Shire’s Music Residency is an annual program renowned for connecting music industry professionals with local emerging talents. It focuses on developing participant’s skills, capacity building and live performance opportunities.
This year's participants will be mentored by Jarred Young (Bad Pony, Feelds), a well-known and respected artist, manager and booking agent. Jarred will also provide training on streaming a live performance and musical performance techniques.
The 2020 Music Residency artists are:
- Lili-Violet: Lili is a 19-year-old singer-songwriter from Emerald who has a passion for music and the joy it brings to the world.
- Lucy Louise: Lucy is a 19-year-old vocalist, born and raised in the hills with a strong passion to pursue a music career. With heartfelt vocals and piano accompaniment, she’s excited to share her music with the world.
- Måe: 18-year-old musician Måe recently released her debut single ‘Maybe It’s Best’. She has been busy writing more songs and has exciting things to come.
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, this year’s program has been placed online, and for the first time in residency’s history, artists will have performances live streamed via the Cardinia Cultural Centre’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/CardiniaCulturalCentre).
The performances will take place over three weeks, on the following dates:
- Wednesday 10 June, 7PM: Jarred Young
- Wednesday 17 June, 7PM: Lili Violet
- Wednesday 24 June, 7PM: Lucy Louise
- Wednesday 1 July, 7PM: Måe
For more information about Council's Online Music Residency Program, visit www.cardinia.vic.gov.au/musicresidency or call the Arts team on 1300 787 624.
For up-to-date information about impacted facilities, services, programs and events due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, visit www.cardinia.vic.gov.au/coronavirus