Apply for Council’s Online Music Residency today!
Cardinia Shire Council is seeking applications from emerging contemporary musicians to take part in an online residency and performance program.
Cardinia Shire’s Music Residency Program is an annual event renowned for connecting music industry heavyweights with local emerging talents. It focuses on developing participant’s skills, capacity building and live performance opportunities.
The program has this year been moved online in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
This year’s program is available to four local individual musicians and includes:
- mentoring by Jarred Young (Bad Pony, Feelds), a well-known and respected artist, manager and booking agent
- training on streaming a live performance and musical performance techniques
- a live-streamed performance through Cardinia Shire Arts and Culture social media sites
- $300 program funding for each successful participant
- marketing and promotion through Council’s arts and culture digital platforms
- opportunities to expand into Council’s arts and culture programming.
How to apply
Submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Express in 100 words (maximum) why this opportunity is important to you.
- An applicant resume/bio.
- Any external, publicly viewable links (URLs) to your music (video, photos or sound examples).
Applicants must 18 years or over and live in Cardinia Shire. Applications close 5pm, Wednesday 13 May 2020.
For more information about Council's Online Music Residency Program, visit www.cardinia.vic.gov.au/musicresidency or call the Arts team on 1300 787 624.
For up-to-date information about impacted facilities, services, meetings and events due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, visit www.cardinia.vic.gov.au/coronavirus