Ageing Well newsletter – edition 5 out now!
Edition 5 of Cardinia Shire’s Ageing Well Newsletter is out now.
Developed by Council with the support of the Cardinia Shire Age Friendly Alliance Group, the newsletter highlights a broad range of services and exciting opportunities to stay healthy and connected in Cardinia Shire.
This latest edition includes:
- Age Friendly Alliance member in focus: Tina Kendall OAM, Age Friendly Alliance group member, shares her life story and caring for a partner living with dementia.
- How are you ageing well? We asked readers to share how they’re ‘ageing well' and how their individual interests, lifestyles, personalities and communities contribute to this.
- Ukulele mayhem! When 40 ukulele enthusiasts hit the chords to their favourite 50’s and 60’s the enthusiasm and energy in the room is nothing short of joyous mayhem!
- Stay healthy in the heat: Heat kills more Australians than any other natural disaster. Readers are asked to consider a range of ideas to help themselves and others avoid the effects of heat stress.
- Be phone smart: Understand why you should take care with the security of your mobile phone.
Around 3000 copies of Cardinia Shire’s Ageing Well Newsletter are distributed to more than fifteen locations across the shire, including Casey Cardinia libraries, Cardinia Shire community houses, Cardinia Cultural Centre, Cardinia Life, and Council’s Civic Centre in Officer.
Alternatively, the newsletter can be read online at www.cardinia.vic.gov.au/ageingwell
You can also subscribe to the Ageing Well e-publication to be notified via email when a new edition is out - www.cardinia.vic.gov.au/epublications
For more information about Ageing Well, visit Council’s website at www.cardinia.vic.gov.au/ageingwell or call the Ageing Well team on 1300 787 624.