2019–20 Community Capital Works and Major Equipment Grants recipients announced
Cardinia Shire Council has presented $331,481.63 in funding under the Community Capital Works Grants 2019–20 to 26 successful applicants at a reception at the Cardinia Cultural Centre.
Each year, the Cardinia Shire Community Capital Works Grants program enables local community groups to upgrade community and recreation facilities to meet the varied needs of the community.
Cardinia Shire Mayor Cr Graeme Moore congratulated the recipients and thanked the many community volunteers who work so tirelessly to make the shire a wonderful place to live, work and play.
“Through all of Council’s community grants programs, we are proud to be able to support some pretty amazing projects and every project, big or small, makes a positive difference for our community!” Cr Moore said.
“Well done to everyone who applied for a grant and congratulations to the successful applicants in this year’s round. The projects funded will improve and enhance what are already valued community assets, and will no doubt result in more accessible, more sustainable and more suitable facilities for our community.
“I am pleased to say that the grants awarded are supporting a wide variety of projects; 17 projects involve sporting clubs, recreation facilities or passive reserves, four projects relate to community houses or halls, and eight projects are for kindergartens, preschools or community childcare facilities.”
In recent years, the Community Capital Works Grants program has supported projects like:
- Beaconsfield Kindergarten nature playground renewal
- Koo Wee Rup Bowls Club fixed outdoor furniture upgrade
- Air-conditioning system installed at the Nobelius Heritage Park and Emerald Museum
- Upgraded toilet facilities at the Tynong Public Hall
- Environmental improvements at the Koo Wee Rup Senior Citizens Centre, including the installation of a new solar power system and a water tank;
- The development of a new all-weather ambulance track, arena fencing upgrade, and landscaping at Gembrook Riding Club’s facilities;
- The three-year, staged upgrade of Pakenham Cricket Club’s cricket nets and grounds.
The Community Capital Works Grants are offered annually. In the 2019-20 round, matched-funding grants of up to $35,000 were available to eligible community groups to undertake upgrades to community and recreation facilities within Cardinia Shire.
For a list of this year’s successful recipients and projects and more information about Council’s community grants programs, visit www.cardinia.vic.gov.au/grants