Bushfire preparedness workshop for Menzies Creek and Clematis residents
Residents of Menzies Creek and Clematis are invited to take part in an upcoming Bushfire Preparedness Workshop at Menzies Creek Primary School Hall.
The workshop follows on from a community consultation completed earlier this year, which identified the community’s understanding of bushfire risk and what they can do to prepare.
The workshop is a Safer Together initiative and part of the Menzies Creek and Clematis Community Strengthening Bushfire Project, which is jointly funded by the CFA and the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DEWLP). The project is endorsed and supported by both Cardinia Shire Council and Yarra Ranges Council.
The workshop invites residents to:
- Learn more about bushfire risk in the Clematis and Menzies Creek area
- Create their own Bushfire Plan with the CFA
- Build Evacuation Kit for adults
- Partake in a ‘Pillowcase grab and go’ workshop for kids
All community members are welcome and a light dinner and refreshments will be provided.
- Date: Wednesday 28 August 2019
- Time: 6–8pm
- Venue: Menzies Creek Primary School Hall, 12 School Road, Menzies Creek
- Cost: Free (materials provided)
- RSVP: Residents can register to attend by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0411 200 280.