Amendment C222 - Rezoning 85 McNamara Road, Bunyip
About the amendment
Cardinia Planning Scheme Amendment C222 seeks to rezone the land at 85 McNamara Road, Bunyip and apply a Development Plan Overlay to the land.
This amendment was exhibited from 8 August and closed on 6 September 2019.
The Bunyip Township Strategy identified the land located at 85 McNamara Road, Bunyip as a potential residential development site.
Council received a request to rezone the land from Farming Zone to Low Density Residential Zone Schedule 3 (LDRZ3).
At the Council Meeting on 10 December 2018, Council resolved to rezone this land.
The Amendment proposes to:
- rezone the land at 85 McNamara Road, Bunyip from Farming Zone to Low Density Residential Zone Schedule 3 (LDRZ3)
- apply the Development Plan Overlay Schedule 21 (DPO21) – this facilitates development and guides future land use on the site. DPO Schedule 21 guides internal road networks, subdivision layout, staging, open space locations, environment and landscaping, traffic and transport, infrastructure and drainage and urban design and character.
- apply the Design and Development Overlay Schedule 1 (DDO1)
- deletes the Environmental Significance Overlay Schedule 1 (ESO1).
What the proposed amendment will allow for:
- About 30 residential lots
- About 5,000 square metres of open space next to significant vegetation on the site
- Upgrade and widening of McNamara Road between Wattletree Road and Petty Road Reserve
- Upgrade and widening of the unsealed section of Wattletree Road that connects to McNamara Road
- Shared pathways connecting open space to the town centre
- Protection of the Southern Brown Bandicoot corridors and Tree Protection Reserves
- Retarding basins and constructed wetlands
View the documents
What are the next steps?
After considering submissions and if concerns cannot be resolved, Council may refer submissions to an independent Planning Panel for review.
The Planning Panel is appointed by the Minister for Planning. It will hold a public hearing where all submitters can present and be heard. The Planning Panel will review each submission and provide a report with recommendations to Council and the Minister for Planning.
Preliminary hearing dates
- Directions Hearing: Monday 20 January 2020
- Panel Hearing: Monday 24 February 2020
Further details about any Planning Panel hearing and specific dates will be provided at a later date to those who make a submission.