Amendment C235 - Rezoning 145 Rossiter Road Koo Wee Rup
About the amendment
The Koo Wee Rup Township Strategy (October 2015) identified the land located at 145 Rossiter Road, Koo Wee Rup (known as Lot 2) as a potential residential development site.
Council received a request to rezone the land from Farming Zone to Neighbourhood Residential Zone Schedule 1 (NRZ1). At the Council Meeting on 10 December 2019, Council resolved to rezone this land.
This amendment was exhibited from 27 June and closed on 2 August 2019.
What is proposed?
The amendment proposes to rezone the land from Farming Zone (FZ) to Neighbourhood Residential Zone Schedule 1 (NRZ1) and apply Development Plan Overlay 22 (DPO22) which facilitates development and provides guidance on the location of internal road networks, subdivision layout, staging, open space locations, environment and landscaping, traffic and transport, infrastructure and drainage and urban design and character.
The amendment also corrects the mapping for a heritage property named 'Shepton Mallet' known as HO198 in the Cardinia Planning Scheme's Heritage Overlay.
The proposed Amendment will facilitate the following development components on the site:
- Provide approximately 200 residential lots
- Provide open space of approximately 1.95ha provided by two parks at varying sizes and contains either remnant vegetation or aboriginal cultural heritage site.
- Protect the Southern Brown Bandicoot corridors.
- Provide a retarding basin and constructed wetland.
- Provide a Tree Protection Reserve along Rossiter Road with shared pathways that connects the development to the town centre.
View the documents
What are the next steps?
Council will consider all submissions and, if concerns cannot be resolved, may refer submissions to an independent Planning Panel for review. The Planning Panel is appointed by the Minister for Planning. It will hold a public hearing where all submitters can present and be heard.
The Planning Panel will review each submission and provide a report with recommendations to Council and the Minister for Planning.
Preliminary hearing dates
- Directions Hearing: Monday 14 October 2019
- Panel Hearing: Monday 18 November 2019
Further details about any Planning Panel hearing and specific dates will be provided at a later date to those who made a submission.