If you're feeling isolated during COVID-19
About the Community Activation and Social Isolation (CASI) initiative
- If you’re feeling lonely or isolated due to the COVID-19 pandemic – for example, if you’re self isolating due to age or health conditions - you can access social, emotional or practical support via the Community Activation and Social Isolation (CASI) initiative.
- To access the service, call Victoria’s COVID-19 hotline on 1800 675 398 and choose option 3, or call Council directly on 1300 787 624 or submit an online form to us.
- We have received funding from the Victorian Government to deliver the program to the Cardinia Shire community, in partnership with the Red Cross, DHHS and our local providers.
Examples of support that might be provided
- Wellbeing check-ins
- Assistance with using technology (for example, video chatting) to stay connected with family and friends
- Help with online applications
- Linking you with online social and community activities
- Running errands
- Collecting items from the shops
How to request support via CASI
Call Victoria’s COVID-19 hotline on 1800 675 398 and choose option 3.
- You’ll be connected with a Red Cross volunteer who’s been specially trained to support you if you’re distressed or anxious, and provide you with support options.
- You may then be referred to Council. Our support officer can help connect you with local support services, organisations, groups, social activities or practical assistance. Our support officer will follow up with you later to make sure you’re getting the support you need.
Support and relief providers available during COVID-19
The above link will take you to our COVID-19 CASI Directory. It includes the details of many local providers and support services available during the current COVID-19 crisis.
Know someone who might benefit from this support?
You can also contact the COVID-19 hotline and get advice on how to encourage others to seek suport.