COVID-19 Community Connection Grants
About this grants program
- Applications are now closed.
- This grant program was available to community groups, services and not-for-profit organisations that deliver projects, programs or services to the Cardinia Shire community which aim to increase social connection and reduce social isolation, promote healthy relationships or improve social, physical and mental health during COVID-19 restrictions.
- View the grant recipients.
Is my group eligible?
Organisations that apply must be:
- incorporated (or auspiced by an incorporated body)
- based in Cardinia Shire
- planning to provide an initiative that meets the grant criteria (below).
Individuals, private, profit-making organisations and political organisations are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must provide a budget to support the grant application.
- Applicants must provide evidence of incorporation or auspice organisation details.
- Applicants must clearly demonstrate that the proposed project, program or service will meet at least one of the following outcomes during the COVID-19 restrictions period:
- Reduce feelings of social isolation
- Increase positive community connection
- Increase mental and/or physical health outcomes
- Assist in maintaining harmonious relationships within households and families
- Promote kindness and support for fellow community members
- Provide a positive contribution to the community.
What won't be funded
Funding will not be allocated to:
- private, profit-making organisations
- political organisations
- capital works projects (as defined in Council’s Community Capital Works Grants Policy)
- replacement of existing equipment and/or furnishings at community and recreational facilities
- maintenance of community or recreational facilities
- business as usual operating costs
- fund existing salaries
- relief programs or services (please refer to the Community Relief Provider Support Grants).
Maximum grant amount: $2,000.
- Applicants must provide evidence to support the grant amount requested.
- An acquittal of funds will be required at the conclusion of the initiative.
Grant program guidelines
Before applying please read the grant guidelines (which include essential information you will need for your application, including the terms and conditions).
How applications are assessed
- Grant applications are assessed upon submission.
- Grant applications are reviewed by a multidisciplinary panel of Council staff.
- Once agreement is reached in these forums, grants are referred to Council senior management for endorsement and formal approval.
Disputing a grants decision
To query a grants assessment, a written request for clarification of the assessment can be sent to:
Cardinia Shire Council
Att: Pandemic Response and Emergency Management Team
PO Box 7,
Pakenham VIC 3810
or emailed to email@example.com
Requests will receive due consideration and a formal, written response will be provided.