COVID-19 Community Relief Provider Support Grants
About this grants program
- Applications are now closed.
- This grant program was available to community groups, services and not-for-profit organisations for the provision of COVID-19 related emergency relief services to the Cardinia Shire community, as well as essential costs that could not be met through other funding sources.
- View the grant recipients.
Is my group eligible?
- These grants are available to service providers, agencies or groups providing relief services in response to COVID-19.
- Individuals, private, profit-making organisations and political organisations are not eligible to apply.
What will be funded
- Events or activities that support the provision of COVID-19 relief services.
- Purchase of small items of equipment.
- Training and development of volunteers that isn’t compulsory due to regulations, and isn’t within the scope of training usually provided by the organisation.
- Promotion of volunteering opportunities.
- Purchase of uniforms and personal protection equipment/items (hand sanitiser, gloves etc).
- Additional operating costs due to the provision of COVID-19 relief services (for example, utilities, vehicle costs, consumables, goods and materials. Evidence must be provided to demonstrate these costs are above normal and are related to COVID-19 relief provision).
What won't be funded
- Capital works projects (as defined in our Community Capital Works Grants Policy).
- Replacement of existing equipment and/or furnishings at community and recreational facilities.
- Maintenance of community or recreational facilities.
- Events not related to the provision of a COVID-19 relief service.
- Business as usual operating costs.
- Existing salaries.
- Items or activities which can be met through other funding sources for the COVID-19 pandemic.
All applicants must:
- demonstrate how their group provides or intends to provide COVID-19 related relief services in Cardinia Shire
- demonstrate that expenditure items requested as part of the grant cannot be met through other funding sources
- provide evidence to support expenditure within the grant application (Invoices/quotes from 1 March 2020 onwards)
- address how the application fits within the scope of the grant
- demonstrate commitment to work as part of the Cardinia Shire Relief and Recovery Committee.
Maximum grant amount: $5,000.
- Applicants must provide evidence to support the grant amount requested.
- Only 1 successful application for funding per group is allowed for this grant round.
- Council finalises funding agreements with successful applicants within 2 weeks of Council approval. You must enter into a funding agreement with us before funds are released and before the project can start.
- If you do not finalise the contract within 1 month of receiving the draft contract from us, we reserve the right to withdraw the grant.
Grant program guidelines
Before applying, please read the grant guidelines (which include essential information you will need for your application, including the terms and conditions).
How applications are assessed
- Grant applications are assessed upon submission.
- Grant applications are reviewed by a multidisciplinary panel of Council staff.
- Once agreement is reached in these forums, grants are referred to Council senior management for endorsement and formal approval.
Disputing a grants decision
To query a grants assessment, a written request for clarification of the assessment can be sent to:
Cardinia Shire Council
Att: Pandemic Response and Emergency Management Team
PO Box 7,
Pakenham VIC 3810
or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Requests will receive due consideration and a formal, written response will be provided.