Impacts and changes to Council services due to COVID-19
- This page has information on changes and impacts on Council services and events due to Victorian Government COVID-19 restrictions and requirements
- For all other information including COVID-19 support services, visit our COVID-19 online help hub
Current restrictions in Victoria
Visit the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Victoria website for all the latest COVID-19 information including:
- public exposure sites
- vaccine booking info and vaccine rates
- workers who need to be vaccinated
- how to get your COVID-19 digital certificate
- travel permits and restrictions
- what to do if you have the virus
- mask regulations
- gathering limits
To find out where to get tested, visit the COVID-19 testing locations page
Remember, there are local testing sites at:
Please follow Victorian Government guidelines when visiting our facilities
When visiting venues and facilities, remember to:
- check-in via QR code
- have your COVID-19 vaccination digital or printed certificate with you or valid medical exemption, ready to show if you are asked – the easiest way is to download it using the Service Victoria app
- use hand sanitiser and practice physical distancing
- please wear a mask if you visit our customer service centre
- please be kind, patient and understanding.
More info on the Victorian Government Coronavirus website
Temporary service interruptions due to COVID-19
The Council services listed below may be impacted by staff shortages due to COVID-19 requirements.
Council and its contractors are working hard to provide the most effective service delivery we can under the circumstances while prioritising the health and safety of our community members and employees.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience and understanding.
- In some cases, bin collections and hard waste collections are being delayed due to unexpected staff shortages and the need for our contractors to stagger staff working times. This may result in collections taking place on the weekend instead of a weekday.
- If your waste collection is delayed, please be patient and leave your bin or hard waste out as usual – it will be collected as soon as possible.
Longer-than-usual wait times – customer support centre
- Due to unexpected staff shortages, customers who contact our customer support centre by phone or live chat may be waiting longer than usual. We apologise for this inconvenience.
- If your request or payment isn't urgent, please contact us online - either by email or via the forms/portals on this website. More info: Contact us page
- Water safety is a priority at our pools. Staff shortages may unfortunately cause a pool to be temporarily closed.
- Check the Cardinia Outdoor Pools Facebook page for the latest information.
Customer service centre, Officer
- Our customer service centre at the Civic Centre (20 Siding Avenue, Officer) reopened on 5 November. Opening hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5pm.
- As always, you can also contact us online, or by phone, post or email. For online transactions that you often make, please visit the pay, report and apply pages.
- Please wear a mask and check in via QR code when you visit.
Libraries and Emerald Museum
- All Casey Cardinia Libraries (including the mobile library) are again open (as of 3 November). Visitors will need to show proof of their double vaccination status in line with Victorian Government directions.
- For all the latest updates visit the Casey Cardinia Libraries website or Facebook page.
Emerald Museum is now open again.
Wednesday and Thursday: 10am to 3pm
Sunday: 1.30pm to 4pm
Parks, nature reserves, playgrounds, skate parks, BMX tracks, BBQs
Playgrounds are open again, as are skate parks, BMX tracks, BBQs, basketball hoops and outdoor exercise equipment.
- The park is operating with a one-way only walking track to allow for physical distancing.
- The public toilets are open.
- Visitors to the park must follow the instructions on all signs at the reserve.
Emerald Lake Park – open
- Emerald Lake Park and Nobelius Heritage Park are open to visitors.
- Emerald Lake Park Cafe is open again on Saturdays and Sundays from 11am to 3pm
- The paddleboats are again operating.
- The model railway is closed.
- Nobelius Heritage Park is open.
Deep Creek Reserve – open.
Maternal and Child Health (MCH) services
Under the current COVID-19 directions from the Chief Health Officer, MCH is operating as follows:
- Face-to-face appointments are available for:
- babies up to 8 weeks of age
- young children identified as vulnerable according to specific criteria set by the Victorian Government
- 4 month, 8 month, 12 month, 18 month, 2 year and 3.5 year checks are by telehealth followed by a brief face-to-face consultation.
- COVID screening questions are asked prior to all face-to-face consultations, for the safety of our clients and staff
- Depending on the impacts of COVID-19 in our community and on our service at the time:
- some consultations may be changed to telehealth only or may be rescheduled at short notice
- some newborn first consultations may be conducted in the MCH centre rather than the client’s home
- Group sessions are currently online only.
To book an MCH appointment or make an enquiry: Call 5943 4250 from 9am to 4pm on weekdays.
Youth services and youth facilities
My Place youth centre is again open (as of 22 November) – operating Monday to Friday, 1pm to 5pm. Vaccination status is not a barrier to young people being able to access support services at My Place.
The centre will close for the Christmas holidays on Friday 17 December 2021 and reopen on Monday 10 January 2022.
- Young people can continue to get support from our Youth Services team over the phone. Contact the team during business hours (9am to 5pm) on 1800 496 884 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact My Place to enquire about youth programs running in Term 4, 2021
- You can also access our Youth services directory for useful resources and information.
Kindergartens are open again to all children. For more information please contact your kindergarten provider
Leisure facilities, tennis, stadiums and pools
Cardinia Life Leisure Centre, Pakenham
- Services at the centre have reopened - visit the Cardinia Leisure website for more info.
- The creche has also reopened. For booking enquiries please call 5945 2888
Pakenham Regional Tennis Centre
- Casual court bookings - open, in line with current restrictions.
- Coaching has returned.
All outdoor pools have reopened for the summer 2020-21 season.
Community halls and hubs
Community halls and hubs
Our Council-managed community halls have reopened for bookings. These include:
- Cockatoo Community Complex
- Nar Nar Goon Soldiers Memorial Hall
- James Bathe Community Hub
- Pakenham Upper Hall
Hills Hub - now open again
COVID Check-in Marshals must ensure attendees check-in at community halls and hubs.
For info on the re-opening of other community halls managed by community asset committees, please contact the hall directly via our halls and meeting places directory
Community centres, neighbourhood houses and senior citizens centres
For info, contact the centres directly using the directories below:
Integrated children’s centres - open for kindergarten and immunisations. Contact each centre directly for the latest information.
Cardinia Cultural Centre
- Cardinia Cultural Centre is open again for room bookings and functions
- The Vista Café at the centre is open again for dine-in.
- A number of live music sessions and workshops are being held, and the gallery has reopened.
- For meeting and event enquiries please contact the centre by calling 1300 887 624 or emailing email@example.com
Immunisation sessions continue
- Immunisations are still taking place.
- Please refer to the immunisation sessions schedule for venues and times.
Council and Town Planning Committee meetings
- Council meetings and Town Planning Committee meetings are now being held in person again. A small public gallery of 10 people can attend - bookings are essential. To reserve your place please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also watch these meetings live-to-air via webcast
For Casey Cardinia Library events, please visit their website for the latest information.