COVID-19 Relief and Recovery Committee
- This committee has been formed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The committee includes local relief service providers and staff across Council and is chaired by staff from Council's Pandemic Response and Emergency Management Business Unit.
- The COVID-19 Relief and Recovery Committee is an extension of the shire’s Relief and Recovery Committee, which usually meets every 3 months and reports into the Cardinia Municipal Emergency Management Planning Committee.
- The COVID-19 Relief and Recovery committee have met weekly, and address priority areas nominated by committee members as community representatives.
The committee’s purpose is to coordinate relief and recovery efforts in response to COVID-19 by bringing together organisations that provide relief services to our local community, so they can collectively address priority areas and share information.
The COVID-19 Relief and Recovery Committee addresses priority issues weekly as they arise in the community. These priority areas are nominated by committee members.
Current committee members
- Bless Collective
- Emerald Community House
- Red Cross
- Salvation Army
- St Luke’s Anglican Church, Cockatoo
- Turningpoint Church, Koo Wee Rup
- Upper Beaconsfield Association
- Windermere Child and Family Services.
The committee's role
- Identify and support residents and areas most affected in the community
- Identify gaps in relief services
- Utilise collective resources effectively
- Help prevent duplication of services
- Provide a strong base for collaborative advocacy.
The committee’s first main task was to help build the COVID-19 local relief service providers directory, so that it could be accessed by community the following week. The directory has been widely used, and is an important resource for our community at this time.