Changes to Council services due to COVID-19
- This page has information on the Council services we've had to suspend or change due to Victorian Government COVID-19 restrictions.
- For all other information including COVID-19 support services, visit our COVID-19 Online Help Hub.
- As directions from the Victorian Government change, we may need to alter the way we deliver essential services.
- Please follow Victorian Government guidance on how to stay safe and well. Avoid using Council services and facilities if you feel unwell.
- Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Current restrictions in Victoria
Visit the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Victoria website for all the latest COVID-19 information including:
- Travel permits and restrictions
- Mask regulations
- Exposure sites
- Symptoms and testing
- Gathering limits
To find out where to get tested, visit the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Victoria testing locations page.
Remember, there are local testing sites at:
- Koo Wee Rup
Customer service centre, Officer
- Our customer service desk at the Civic Centre is closed.
- You can still contact us online, or by phone, post or email
- For online transactions that you make often, please visit the pay, report and apply pages.
James Bathe Pavilion
Sunday 18 July, 3.30 -4.30pm CANCELLED
- All Casey Cardinia Libraries (including the Cardinia Mobile Library) will be closed from Wednesday 21 July 2021 – Tuesday 27 July 11.59pm in line with government advice
- ‘Click and Collect’ is available Monday – Friday, 10am to 4pm, and on Saturdays at most libraries (check website for details). No need to book. As soon as you get notification that your items are at your nominated library you can head to the library and collect them, BYO mask
- ‘Click and Collect’ Saturday hours are: Doveton: 9-12pm, Emerald, 10am-2:30pm and 10am -4 pm all other libraries
- ‘Click and Collect’ is available on the Cardinia Mobile (CMO) Library which is running an altered route which can be found here (Please note the CMO will not run Saturday 24 July)
- FREE HOME DELIVERY IS BACK, log into your account via our website and follow the prompts
What we will continue to offer the community:
- Digital Library is open 24/7 you can download books, kids entertainment stream music and more!
- Library@Home, stacks of videos to keep adults and kids entertained
- Phones are ON, call Customer Care on 1800 577 548
(Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm, Saturday 10am - 4pm)
- Casey Cardinia Libraries App is open 24/7 and all accessible at your fingertips, download it now
Maternal and Child Health (MCH) services
- Centre visits only (no groups or home visits)
- To book an appointment or make an enquiry call 5943 4250 between 9am and 4pm weekdays.
Our COVID-19 Online Help Hub
Our online help hub is your one-stop-shop for finding information on topics including:
- directory of local relief service providers
- information on our Community and Business Support Package
- government assistance for individuals, households and businesses
- current situation status, case numbers and restrictions
- symptoms and how to keep yourself healthy and slow the spread of the virus
- what to do if you suspect you have COVID-19, or are diagnosed with it
- family violence support
- looking after your mental health.
Parks, nature reserves, playgrounds, skate parks, BMX tracks, BBQs
Mt Cannibal Fauna and Flora Reserve is open.
- The park is operating with a one-way only walking track to allow for physical distancing.
- The public toilets are open.
- Visitors to the park must follow the instructions on all signs at the reserve.
- We are working with Victoria Police to monitor use of the park to ensure restrictions are followed.
Emerald Lake Park is open.
- Emerald Lake Park and Nobelius Heritage Park are open to visitors, provided current restrictions are followed.
- The playground is open and BBQs can be used.
- Fishing is permitted.
- Emerald Lake Park Cafe is closed.
- The paddleboats are closed.
- The model railway is closed.
- Nobelius Heritage Park is open.
- Emerald Museum is closed.
Deep Creek Reserve is open.
Deep Creek Reserve golf course and complex is closed.
Deep Creek Nursery is closed.
Kindergartens are open.
To register your child for kindergarten, please use our online registration portal
Youth Services and youth facilities
- Youth Services and youth facilities including My Place are closed.
Access our Youth Services Directory for useful resources and information.
Leisure facilities, stadiums and pools
Cardinia Life Leisure Centre, Pakenham - closed
Pakenham Regional Tennis Centre - closed
Community halls and hubs
Integrated children’s centres - open for kindergarten and immunisation services.
Cardinia Cultural Centre
Cardinia Cultural Centre - closed
Immunisation sessions continue
- Immunisations will continue during restrictions.
- Please refer to the immunisation sessions schedule for venues and times.
Council and Town Planning Committee meetings
Council meetings and Town Planning Committee meetings will be held online due to current COVID-19 restrictions.
You can watch Council meetings and Town Planning Committee meetings via live-to-air via webcast.
Other events, facilities and information
- Bin collections run as normal.
- The community bus is not available for hire.