Youth Council Learning and Leadership Program 2020
- Cardinia Shire’s Youth Council Learning and Leadership Program gives participants the opportunity to get insight into local government as well as build their leadership skills.
- 9 young people aged 16 to 21 have been chosen to take part in the 2020 program, which goes for 11 months.
The Youth Council Learning and Leadership Program 2020 participants are:
- Jeevesh Chopra
- Baxter Stickland
- Hetvi Dave
- Jash Sant
- Avijot Singh
- Yom Hakim
- Elias Azadzoi
- Rahmana Basit
- Michelle 0’Hanrahan
How the participants were selected
Participants were chosen for their:
- leadership qualities
- desire to help build a stronger local community
- interest in having a say on local issues that affect young people
- interest in local government.
What the program covers
Participants of the program will get the chance to:
- facilitate an election to elect a Chair and Deputy Chair
- visit Parliament House
- attend and run monthly meetings
- debate against Councillors and Council Officers
- attend local community events
- be supported to develop and achieve group and individual goals for the year.
Contact us on 1800 4 YOUTH or email@example.com