Bike trailer for hire
Coronavirus COVID-19 update: Bike trailer
The bike trailer is not available for hure until further notice.
Hire the trailer
Schools and community groups can hire a bike trailer, complete with bikes, helmets and safety vests for 10 people and road signs.
Request a booking
Request a booking and you will receive a response in writing.
Provide the following with your application:
- Certificate of currency of public liability insurance.
- Proof of completion of Bicycle Education Instructor Training.
When you collect the trailer bring:
- Proof of identity (a current driver’s licence).
- Driver Declaration form (completed and signed).
Trailer can be picked up and returned to the depot between 9am-3pm (pick up between 7.15am–4pm can be requested).
You will receive an equipment checklist when you collect the trailer; ensure you have all the listed equipment before you sign the checklist. If equipment is missing or damaged please let us know as soon as possible. When you return the trailer, leave the signed checklist in the trailer ready for inspection.
Conditions of hire
Trailer (rego Q5I 315) will include:
- 2x 2014 Norco Storm 26 inch bicycle
- 6x 2012 Giant 24 inch bicycle
- 2x 2012 Giant 20 inch bicycle
- 10x helmets
The trailer and its contents are hired together.
Trailer dimensions: 2.2m x 1.9m and 3.1m high. A vehicle with a minimum 1500kg towing capacity is required.
The trailer must be locked and secure, when not in use. The trailer must be garaged or locked up within your property.
You are responsible for the care and safe return of all equipment. You must:
- check all items before and after use
- clean the equipment
- report any damage
- ensure that bikes are replaced in the trailer carefully and safely
- ensure that locks and keys are replaced.
A tyre repair kit is available in the trailer to repair any punctures that may happen during your hire period.
If the trailer or contents are damaged, lost, or cause injury to a third party during the period of hire, contact the Active Children’s Officer as soon as possible. An accident report form must be supplied.
You must have Public Liability Insurance to hire the trailer and provide a copy of a certificate of currency.
You are responsible for:
- paying the insurance excess ($2,000) or for any damage to the trailer or its contents (whichever is the lesser amount)
- recovering compensation from any third party in respect to damage to the trailer and its equipment.
All cyclists are required by law to wear approved bicycle helmets (complying with Australian Standards) whenever the bicycles are in motion on all bike paths, public venues and roads. Helmets are provided with the trailer.
We strongly recommend visibility vests are worn by all participants. A visibility vest must be worn by school leaders during all cycling activities, as required by the Victorian Government.
We reserve the right to refuse hire of the trailer for any reason.