Have your say - Draft Emerald Lake Precinct Strategic Plan 2020-2025
- We invite you to give feedback on the Draft Emerald Lake Precinct Strategic Plan 2020-2025.
- Feedback closes Sunday 10 November, 2019.
About this consultation
- We invite you to provide feedback on the draft Emerald Lake Precinct Strategic Plan 2020-2025.
- The draft Strategic Plan includes an overview of the strategic direction for the precinct, which will guide activities, maintenance, promotion and improvements for Emerald Lake Park and Nobelius Heritage Park.
- The draft plan was developed with assistance from the community, who, in 2018, identified their vision for the precinct and the ways in which it could be improved for the future.
- Please provide feedback on what you like about the draft plan, or what you would like to see added or changed.
About the Emerald Lake Park precinct
Emerald Lake Park covers an area of roughly 52 hectares and features Lake Treganowan and Lake Nobelius, as well as gardens and natural bushland. It has around 10 kilometres of walking trails, paddleboats, fishing, picnic tables and barbecues, a wading pool open during summer, two playgrounds, a model railway, amphitheatres and shelters that can be booked by the community It is also one of the key destination points for the Puffing Billy Railway.
Nobelius Heritage Park is a heritage site of state cultural significance, covering an area of four and a half hectares. It was once the largest nursery in southern hemisphere, started in 1886 by Swedish immigrant Carl Axel Nobelius and still has specimens once stocked by the nursery.
The Emerald Museum is based on the site of Nobelius Heritage Park and tells the story of the environmental, social and economic history of post-settlement in the Emerald region.
View the draft plan
- Hard copies of the draft Strategic Plan will be available for viewing at the Emerald Museum Emerald Library and Council’s Civic Centre.
- Participants who contributed to the original consultation and who nominated to receive further updates will receive an email with a link to the online survey and the draft Strategic Plan.
Give your feedback online
Other ways to give feedback
Feedback closes 5pm Sunday 10 November.
Send your written feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail your written feedback to:
Emerald Lake Precinct Draft Strategic Plan Consultation
Drop your written feedback into our Customer Service Centre at 20 Siding Avenue, Officer. (View our location in Google Maps).
Closing date for feedback
Sunday 10 November
How we will use your feedback
All information collected will be used to understand the community’s preferences and to inform the final Emerald Lake Precinct Strategic Plan 2020-2025.