Have your say on the draft Reconciliation Action Plan 2020-2021
- Council has prepared a draft Reconciliation Action Plan following initial discussions with community members.
- The Reconciliation Action Plan 2020-21 outlines Council’s overarching objectives for reconciliation for the next 2 years.
- You are invited to give your feedback on the draft plan by Friday 23 August 2019, 5pm.
- The draft plan may change significantly as a result of the feedback we receive during the consultation period.
View the draft Reconciliation Action Plan 2020-21
About the draft plan
The draft plan proposes actions in these areas:
- relationships (3 actions)
- respect (5 actions)
- opportunities (4 actions)
- leadership, implementation, tracking and progress reporting (4 actions)
These actions have 40 draft deliverable targets in total.
The plan is underpinned by multiple strategies within the draft Council Plan 2019-23 aimed at supporting community health, connection and sustainability.
It also aligns to the Liveability Plan’s vision for liveable, resilient communities where the environment flourishes, residents are healthy, included and connected. It affirms a model of social cohesion fostered through partnership building, improved communication and engagement with community.
The plan aligns with the principles of our upcoming Social Justice and Equity Policy, which acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as First Australians and recognises their culture, history, diversity and deep connection to the land.
For the plan to succeed, we will need to keep building and fostering strong local and regional partnerships.
The aim of reconciliation is to promote respect, trust and positive relationships between the wider Australian community and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Reconciliation Australia identifies these 5 key dimensions of reconciliation:
- Race relations
- Equality and equity
- Institutional integrity
- Historical acceptance
In developing the plan, Council has taken these key dimensions into account by focusing our efforts in the areas we can make the most significant impact: relationships, opportunities and respect.
Give your feedback by doing our survey
Survey closes 5pm, Friday 23 August 2019.
Other ways to give feedback
Get in touch with our Social Inclusion Officer
Send your written feedback to email@example.com
Mail your written feedback to:
Draft Reconciliation Action Plan 2020-21 consultation
Drop your written feedback into our Customer Service Centre at 20 Siding Avenue, Officer. (View our location in Google Maps).
How we'll use your feedback
We will review your feedback, which will be used to help us to strengthen and improve the plan. Council will then consider the plan for adoption.