Expression of Interest - Community Recovery Committee for the Bunyip Complex bushfires
About the committee
If you are interested in helping to shape the direction of the recovery program for the Bunyip Complex bushfires, please express your interest in joining the Community Recovery Committee.
The most effective long-term disaster recovery is led by the community. Those impacted by a disaster are in the best position to understand and communicate what their community needs for ongoing recovery.
The committee will play an important role in identifying the recovery priorities in the local community. It will support community wellbeing during recovery as well as advocate and advise Council and the Victorian Government on community needs and priorities.
Community workshop on 8 May
A community workshop was held on Wednesday 8 May to give community members the opportunity to share their views on the role and functions of a Community Recovery Committee for the Bunyip Complex fires. The session was facilitated by Anne Leadbeater, an expert in disaster recovery and community resilience.
Selecting the committee members
At the workshop, participants from the community made these decisions about the committee members:
- Members of the Community Recovery Committee will be appointed following an Expression of Interest (EOI) process.
- EOIs received will be assessed by a panel who will select the committee.
- The panel will be comprised of community members and Council staff.
They also decided that committee members should:
- have relevant skills and interests
- represent all demographics
- represent a range of townships across the fire-affected area
- have experienced varying levels of loss.
Express your interest in being a committee member
Applications due by Tuesday 28 May, 5pm.
If you are interested in being on the Community Recovery Committee, please submit an application form.
You can either:
- apply online, or
- download an application form. You can also pick up a form from the recovery centre at Tonimbuk Hall or Council's customer service centre, 20 Siding Avenue, Officer.
The panel will assess the applications and will be in touch with all applicants by Friday 7 June, 5pm.
Call Council’s Municipal Recovery Manager on 1300 787 624.