Have your say on the draft Social and Affordable Housing Policy
We welcome your feedback
We invite you to give feedback on the draft Social and Affordable Housing Policy.
5pm, Tuesday 20 November 2018.
Read the draft policy
Hard copy: Pick up a hard copy at our customer service centre at 20 Siding Avenue, Officer.
About the policy
The Social and Affordable Housing Strategy reflects our commitment to ensuring all residents have access to safe, affordable and secure housing which meets their needs.
The strategy outlines a clear need to:
- drive an increase in the supply of affordable housing for very low and low income households and people with special housing needs
- provide a range of dwelling types for different demographics.
Development of the strategy was a key recommendation from a 2016 research paper exploring the nature and extent of homelessness in Cardinia Shire.
Why we need to address this issue
- Access to safe, appropriate and affordable housing is foremost a human right
- The demand for dedicated social and affordable housing for lower income residents in Cardinia Shire is much higher than what is available.
- Council recognises housing as a key policy domain in the Liveability Plan 2017-2029
- Homelessness is a hidden and significant issue in Cardinia Shire, which has a particularly significant impact on women, single people, sole parent families, younger and older residents, people with mental health issues and people with a disability.
- The private market is not delivering housing options for everyone. There is a lack of smaller houses affordable for single and couple households, and a lack of appropriate housing for people with special needs.
Give your feedback
Please provide your comments in the online form.
Other ways to give feedback
|Phone||Call the Social and Community Planning Team on 1300 787 624 between 8.30am and 5pm Monday to Friday.|
|Send your written feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Post||Social and Community Planning
Cardinia Shire Council
PO Box 7,
Pakenham VIC 3810
|Hand deliver||Drop your written feedback into our Customer Service Centre at 20 Siding Avenue, Officer. (View our location in Google Maps).|
How we will use your feedback
Feedback will be considered and incorporated into the draft Strategy where appropriate. You will be notified of this process.