Liveability Health Plan 2017-21
Have your say
We are reviewing our Health and Wellbeing Plan. To help us develop the new plan, we want to know:
- What you think we do well in promoting health and wellbeing in Cardinia Shire?
- What could be done differently in Cardinia Shire to promote health and wellbeing?
Stop by Pakenham Marketplace and chat to us about the plan:
- Thursday 2 February 9am–4.30pm
- Friday 3 February 9am–4.30pm
Call the Healthy Communities Coordinator on 1300 787 624
Write to Community Strengthening, PO Box 7, Pakenham 3810
Provide your name, phone, email and/or postal address to go in the draw to win one of 50 Aligned Leisure drink bottles and family swim passes. You will also be notified when the draft plan is available.
Feedback is welcomed until 5pm, Tuesday 28 February 2017
Council and our partners have a responsibility to protect, improve and promote public health and wellbeing in Cardinia Shire.
Getting a good education, living somewhere safe and affordable, having a good job, being able to walk easily around your neighbourhood, access to healthy food, living close to parks, a clean environment and being able to get help when you need it all contribute to health and wellbeing.
The plan will include strategies to support people to lead healthy, productive and rewarding lives. It will focus on key areas such as:
- Active travel (getting around without needing a car)
- Health and social services
- Open space (public plazas, halls, playgrounds and parks)
Your feedback will help us identify the priorities and potential actions for the draft plan, which will then be available for feedback in mid- 2017.