Cardinia Business Facebook page guidelines
Cardinia Business Facebook page
Cardinia Shire Council uses this page to promote and present matters of interest and support to the local business community.
Council supports local businesses with information, advice, advocacy, workshops and events.
We encourage you to submit your questions, comments and concerns, but please note this is a moderated Facebook page.
Our Facebook page is monitored on Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 5pm (excluding public holidays).
Contact Council’s Economic Development team on 1300 787 624 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about assistance available to Cardinia Shire businesses, visit www.cardinia.vic.gov.au/cardiniabusiness
For details about additional support for Cardinia Shire businesses during the pandemic, visit www.cardinia.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
All posting on this page is at the discretion of the page administrators.
We welcome engagement, constructive and respectful freedom of expression, and we expect visitors to our page to conduct themselves in a fair and reasonable manner when posting comments to our wall. This helps us to create a safe space for all our community to interact.
Please remember that social media is a public space on the internet and all interactions are publicly available over time and may be archived outside of Facebook, even if it has been deleted from this page.
We reserve the right to remove anything that:
- breaks the law, incites violence or lawlessness, or encourages others to do so, including violation of copyright laws
- contains abusive, demeaning, or inappropriate language or statements, including profanity, anything discriminatory, that is sexually provocative, lewd, explicit, or describes graphic violence or lawlessness
- constitutes harassment, threatening, bullying or discrimination
- attacks, demeans, unfairly identifies individuals by name, or invades another individual’s privacy
- contains inaccurate, indecent, infringing, defamatory, obscene, misleading, slanderous or unlawful material or statements about the Cardinia Shire Council, its services and its staff, volunteers and Councillors, or that violates the legal rights of others
- encourages or glamorises the use of alcohol or illegal drugs
- is spam or trolling (such as repeatedly posting the same comment)
- is not generally suited for an audience of all ages
- is overtly political in nature
- is off-topic or otherwise inappropriate for the forum.
Council reserves the right to block users who post offensive content or content that violates these page guidelines. Posts that disregard any of the guidelines above will be removed and we reserve the right to ban any user who violates these guidelines.
By continuing to use the page you indicate your awareness and acceptance of these conditions.
If you would like to report a post for us to review, send an email to email@example.com or contact our Communications team on 1300 787 624.
The content on this page is for information purposes only. While every effort is made to keep information up-to-date and accurate, we cannot absolutely guarantee its accuracy. You should not rely on this information in circumstances where loss, damage or injury is possible. In such circumstances, please contact Council on 1300 787 624 or the relevant authority/organisation for this information or advice.
We and our employees, agents, consultants and representatives are not liable for any loss, damage or injury resulting from any person relying on information obtained by or through this page.
This page may include links to other websites which are not controlled by Council. Therefore, we are not responsible for any information or service which may appear on any third party sites that you might access through this page. We do not sponsor or endorse any advertisement or post that may appear on the page unless it has been posted by Cardinia Business.
Responding to posts/comments
We monitor this page between 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) and will endeavour to respond to posts requesting assistance within two business days during business hours.
To request assistance from Council’s Economic Development team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To report an issue, please complete the online form at www.cardinia.vic.gov.au/report. This way the issue can be directed to the appropriate team within Council and actioned.
If you wish to make a submission in response to an item published for public comment, please email email@example.com .
You may call 1300 787 624 for all urgent or out-of-hours requests.
These page guidelines were last reviewed and updated: November 2020