COVIDSafe settings now apply across Victoria

For information on changes to Council services and links to the latest Victorian Government COVID-19 information visit our COVID-19 help hub. COVID-19 help hub >

Transfer an existing food business registration

If you are purchasing an existing food business you will need to transfer the Food Act Registration into your (company) name.


Annual registration fees apply at the end of the registration period. 

  • An inspection can be requested from a proposed new proprietor or a solicitor acting on proprietors behalf proir to the purchase and transfer of an existing business.
  • This is not a requirement when purchasing a food business but can help determine if there are any existing issues that need to be rectified to ensure the premise is compliant under the Food Act. 
  • Download and complete the "request an inspection" form and return to Council along with payment.
  • Please note the currrent proprietor of the business must also sign the "consent to release information" form before an inspection report can be released to the party/s who have requested the inspection. 

Inspection within 10 days of making request and payment: $232.70 
Inspection within 3 days of making request and payment: $348.50


Complete these 2 forms and return with payment to our Environmental Health team. 

Download a request an inspection form 

The existing proprietor of a premise must sign the consent to release information form prior to an inspection report from an EHO being released to the purchaser. 

Download a consent to release information form


Call the Environmental Health team on 1300 787 624