Stan Henwood Award
About the award
This award is presented each year to a person who has made a positive, long-term contribution to the Cardinia Shire community through volunteer service.
It honours the late Stan Henwood OAM, and his lifetime contribution to the township of Tynong and the wider community.
The award is presented in May during the Mayor’s volunteer reception dinner, held during National Volunteer Week
About Stan Henwood OAM
The commitment of late Stan Henwood OAM to volunteering across a diverse range of organisations and, indeed, during most of his life that made him a standout member of our community.
- was heavily involved with the Tynong Hall Committee, and the Make A Wish Foundation
- was a life member of the Tynong Tennis Club, the West Gippsland Tennis Association, Tynong Fire Brigade, Tynong Progress Association and Tynong Recreation Reserve
- received a certificate of appreciation from Make a Wish foundation
- was recognised as the Shire of Pakenham Citizen of the Year in both 1981 and 1990
- received a a Citation from Cardinia Shire Council for all Community Achievements
- received a Medal from the Prime Minister for service to sport
- received an Order of Australia for Service to the Community.
2019 winner - Wendy Andrews
Wendy Andrews is a valued Pakenham resident who generously gives her time to many community and fundraising events.
Wendy has been a member of the Lakeside Residents Group since 2010 across various roles including Vice President and President. During her time with this group, Wendy has tirelessly coordinated many amazing community events and fundraisers. In recent years, Wendy and the Lakeside Residents Group have also organised the Australia Day community event at Cardinia Cultural Centre.
Wendy’s contributions to the organising committee of the Art Show Pakenham (formally Yakkerboo Art Show) has seen the event go from strength to strength over the last 6 years.
In addition to Wendy’s successes in organising many events and raising money for worthwhile causes, she also thoughtfully makes beautiful memory bears for people who have lost loved ones.
- 2018 – Eric Bumpstead
- 2017 – Ray Coombs
- 2016 – Ron and Beryl Banbury
- 2015 – Graham Simpson
- 2014 – Colin ‘Col’ Leeson
- 2013 – Norma Jackson
- 2012 – Ron Topp
- 2011 – John Cascone
- 2010 – Bill and Robyn Kuys
- 2009 – Sue Beattie
- 2008 – William (Bob) Robert Farr
- 2007 – Tom Van Den Dungen
- 2006 – Bernie Berne
- 2005 – Robert Porter