What’s On Cardinia Festival - Seeking expressions of interest (EOIs) from artists and creatives
- We’re seeking local artists/creatives who want to be part of the What’s On Cardinia Festival, an event series that will enrich the Cardinia Shire creative scene by connecting local artists and creatives with local businesses in a month-long festival. If you haven’t already, you can read more about the festival here
- In this event series, local businesses and community hubs will play host to local artists and creatives, providing everyone with a space and audience to showcase their works, talents, products and services.
- The What’s On Cardinia Festival will be held across business/retail locations and community/creative venues around Cardinia Shire, including Cardinia Cultural Centre in Pakenham and Hills Hub in Emerald.
- Whether you’re a musician who wants to play a gig; a visual artist who wants to exhibit; a dancer who wants to lead a workshop; a writer who wants to share your work; or an animator who seeks to create an installation or present how it’s done ... whatever your unique discipline is and your level of experience, we’d love to hear from you.
Successful creatives and artists who apply will receive a grant of up to $500 to deliver their project – please keep this in mind when working out the type of project you are applying for.
Projects above $500 will still be considered, but the outcome will depend on other projects selected.
We’re also seeking expressions of interest from local businesses who want to engage with local creatives, and we welcome your interest in this too. For example, a visual artist may want to hang their art in a local café, a musician may want to play a gig at a local bar, or a writer may want to deliver a talk at a local library.
Cardinia Cultural Centre, Pakenham
- Studios (large room that can be split in two with room dividers; has mirrors on two walls)
- Terrace (new outdoor plaza area overlooking the lake)
- The Zone (foyer area next to the Gallery; hanging space and two projectors available)
- Lakeview Room (large function room that overlooks the lake)
- Vista Café
Hills Hub, Emerald
- Arts and performance space/gallery (hanging space, a projector and sound equipment is available – please let us know if you want to hire any of these)
- Multi-purpose rooms (large room that can be split in 3 using room dividers)
Local business venues
Cafes, restaurants, pubs, wineries, halls and other venues in Cardinia Shire that are suitable for creative activation.
- Applicants must have a demonstrated connection to Cardinia Shire (for example, as a resident or through work, study, family, community group or a creative organisation)
- The proposed activity must involve creative or artistic elements and offer value to the community
- Successful applicants will be contacted to provide further details and documentation such as relevant insurance, a working with children check, risk management plan.
- We encourage applicants to keep the current COVID-19 circumstances in mind - projects that have a contingency plan to be delivered online will be highly regarded
Please read before you apply - terms and conditions
- Expressions of interest will be accepted only between Thursday 9 September at 9am and Friday 1 October at 5pm and must be submitted through the SmartyGrants website (see the ‘Apply’ button below).
- Successful applicants will receive up to $500 for their project – please keep this in mind when working out the type of project you are applying for. As previously mentioned, projects above $500 will still be considered, but the outcome will be determined by other projects selected.
- Successful applications will be selected after the EOI closing date and the location of the project will be determined in consultation with the applicant. Activations will predominantly take place during the What’s On Cardinia Festival and be promoted through Cardinia Shire Council channels - however, an alternative project delivery date may be agreed upon.
- Expressions of interest will be considered based on their ability to meet the eligibility criteria
- Expressions of interest will be processed once the applications close, and all applicants will be informed of the result of their application within the following month
- The proposed location of any activation must be within Cardinia Shire
- Applicants can nominate multiple locations for their activation, particularly if the outcome is a series of events
- We also welcome applications for projects that are new and innovative, so don’t be afraid to think outside the box!
Info to provide in your application
Please provide this information in your online application:
- A little about yourself and your connection with Cardinia Shire.
- Do you have a website or social media profile? If yes, please provide a link.
- What you would like to do and who is your target audience (for example, dance workshops for seniors)
- Have you done anything like this before? If yes, please reference your experience in running a similar project.
- If you're a visual artist, are you prepared to sell your art on consignment?
The site or location that you’d like the project to take place
- Have you delivered a project at this location before? If yes, please provide details.
- Have you worked with a local business before, and do you want to collaborate with them again? If yes, please provide details.
- If you don’t have a location in mind, how far are you willing to travel to deliver your project?
- Ideally, when would you like to execute your project?
- Are you available weekdays, weeknights, weekends? When are you not available?
Talk about the importance of the project and how it benefits you and your target audience
How much will it cost?
How much is your project going to cost? Please provide a budget outline including items such as artist fees, equipment and materials