COVID-19 information

The COVID-19 Online Help Hub has information on restrictions in Victoria, changes to Council services and facilities, government assistance available, COVID-19 health information and more. Visit the hub >

Apply for a rebate on Food Act and Public Health and Wellbeing Act registration fees (due to COVID-19 restrictions)

To help small businesses during the Coronavirus pandemic, we are offering a 12 month (100%) rebate on 2020 registration fees for Food Act and Public Health and Wellbeing Act registrations for businesses impacted by mandatory closures of premises, or mandatory changes to the their business operations.

*If you previously applied for the 25% rebate you will not be required to apply again. We will automatically process the remaining 75% of the rebate for you.

 

 

To be eligible for the refund your business must, as at 1 March 2020:

  • have been the proprietor of a registered premises under the Food Act or the Public Health and Wellbeing Act, or
  • have been the holder of a permit for street furniture or footpath trading, under Local Law 17.

The refund applies to registrations and permits fees paid before 1 March 2020.

In some cases, we may contact you to clarify how your business has been impacted.

What if I am still trading, for example, a restaurant selling takeaway. Am I still eligible?

Yes. Depending on the nature of your business, we may ask you to clarify how the current situation has impacted your business.

You will need to complete the application for each premises or permit you wish to have refunded. It is quick form to complete. 

  • Identification
  • Account details for the bank account you want the refund deposited to.

Apply online

For audit purposes, we may need to make contact with the registered proprietor of the business. 

In most cases the refund will be paid within 14 business days.