Apply for kindergarten
Apply now for 2018
Applications for funded kindergarten (previously called 4-year-old kindergarten) and pre-kindergarten (previously called 3-year-old kindergarten) places in our community kindergartens for 2018 are now due. Families who applied before 30 June were eligible for a 1st round placement.
See map of kindergarten locations below
|Children's Centres||Kindergartens only|
Things to know before you apply
- A non-refundable fee of $27 per application must be paid by credit/debit card during the application process (non-transferable)
- Proof of birth is required when applying. Australian Government documentation such as a birth certificate, passport or immunisation history statement (download from Medicare Online) is preferred.
- Applications must be submitted by 30 June to be included in the 1st round of offers for the following year.
- Applications made after 30 June will be processed in subsequent rounds.
- We will confirm your application within 10 business days.
Our online kindergarten portal is the easiest way to enrol for kindergarten.
Use the portal to:
- respond to kindergarten offers
- view, access and update enrolment information
- change preferences (only before accepting an offer)
- change year of attendance
- withdraw applications
- cancel applications.
Contact us on 1300 787 624 if you need help using the online portal. If you cannot upload proof of birth documentation to the portal, complete the application without the documentation and we will contact you.
If you are using an Apple device to access the Kindergarten portal, please open in Chrome or Firefox. The Kindergarten Portal is currently experiencing issues in Safari. We appreciate your understanding.
When will I receive a placement offer?
- 1st round offers for funded kindergarten (previously called 4-year-old kindergarten) went out in early July.
- 1st round offers for pre-kindergarten (previously called 3-year-old kindergarten) start in mid-August.
- 2nd round offers for both program start 2 weeks later and will continue until all children are placed.
Offers are sent by email (or mail) and you can accept your offer using our kindergarten portal.
How are placements decided?
If there is a high demand for 1st preference places at a particular program, priority is given to:
- children attending the kindergarten for a second year
- priority children (as identified in the Victorian Government Kindergarten Guide)
- how close you live to the preferred kindergarten
- other siblings that have attended or other connection to the kindergarten (parent on committee or attended)
- Cardinia Shire residents/ratepayers
Once you have received and accepted your offer, the kindergarten will contact you about the program and which days and hours are available. All questions should be directed to the kindergarten after you have received a placement.