Youth Council Learning and Leadership Program
About the program
Nine young people from the shire have been chosen to take part in the Youth Council Leadership and Learning Program for 2019.
Now in its second year, the program gives participants the opportunity to get some great insight into local government and build their leadership skills.
2019 program participants
- Amelia Pattison
- Darcy Dillon
- Jayashri Thirumalai Nambi
- Chandler Taylor
- John Middleditch
- Zachary Vogrig
- Harj Kaur
- Zac Bohemann
- Renee Watkins
What the program covers
Participants of the program will get the chance to:
- facilitate an election to elect a Chair and Deputy Chair
- visit Parliament House
- attend and run monthly meetings
- debate against Councillors and Council Officers
- attend local community events
- be supported to develop and achieve group and individual goals for the year.
How participants are selected
Participants are selected by Cardinia Shire’s 9 councillors.
Members are chosen for their:
- leadership qualities
- desire to help build a stronger local community
- interest in having a say on local issues that affect young people
- interest in local government.
Applications for the 2020 program
Applications for the 2020 Youth Council will open August 2019.