Youth Council 2018
Who we are looking for
We are looking for young people aged 15 to 21 to apply for our first-ever Youth Council Program, to start in January 2018 for a 12-month period.
- are an aspiring leader
- want to help build a stronger local community
- want to have your say on local issues that affect young people
- are prepared to devote some of your time to this program and attend some events
- are willing to learn new leadership skills
- have an interest in local government
then please consider applying for this program.
A maximum of 9 youth councillors will be appointed.
How youth councillors will be selected
Cardinia Shire's 9 councillors will review all applications and select the successful candidates. We will let all applicants know if they have been successful or not.
What the program offers
Our elected youth councillors will receive:
- a Cardinia Shire councillor as a mentor for the duration of the program
- the opportunity to take part in an election to elect a youth mayor and deputy mayor
- the chance to discuss and debate local issues impacting on young people at monthly youth council meetings
- monthly leadership workshops with high profile guest speakers.
Applications close Friday 17 November
Apply online by 5pm, Friday 17 November. Late applications cannot be accepted.