Major projects by other agencies
This web page has info and links to significant road, rail and infrastructure projects being delivered in our shire by other agencies.
Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP) in Pakenham and Beaconsfield
Three level crossings in Pakenham and two level crossings in Beaconsfield are being removed as part of the Victorian Government's Level Crossing Removal Project.
The Cardinia Road Level Crossing was also recently removed by LXRP.
Pakenham Roads Upgrade
The Pakenham Roads Upgrade is an Australian government initiative being delivered by Major Road Projects Victoria.
The project will be delivered in 3 stages, with upgrades to the Princes Freeway the first to get underway.
Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road upgrade
The upgrade will deliver:
- an extra lane in each direction between Princes Freeway and Manks Road
- new traffic lights at Greenhills Road
- a new bridge over Deep Creek near the water recycling plant
- new roundabouts at Hall Road, south of Deep Creek and Ballarto Road
- a new shared walking and cycling path
- safety barriers along the road.
More info: Major Road Projects Victoria website
Gippsland rail line upgrade
- The Gippsland Line Upgrade will enable much-needed extra off-peak services such as track duplication, a crossing loop extension and second platforms at stations that will provide more opportunities for trains to pass each other.
- The upgrade will deliver more frequent and reliable train services to the growing communities of Gippsland and create 500 jobs in the region.
- It will include upgrades to Bunyip and Longwarry rail stations.
More info: Victoria's Big Build website
Nar Nar Goon railway station car park
- The Victorian Government is delivering 50 new and upgraded car parking spaces at Nar Nar Goon Station.
- The new car park will feature improved CCTV and lighting as well as more bicycle parking facilities.
- This project is being delivered by the Level Crossing Removal Project and funded by the Victorian Government.
More info: Nar Nar Goon railway station car park
Cardinia Creek Regional Parklands
- As part of the Cardinia Creek Regional Parklands project, the Victorian Government is expanding the parkland near Officer.
- The existing parklands along Cardinia Creek from Beaconsfield to Clyde North will be expanded to provide 508 hectares of natural creekside scenery to relax in, exercise and enjoy. There will be better access into the parklands and new walking and cycling trails and picnic areas.
- New sections of the parklands will open in stages from 2022.
- The parklands are being designed in consultation with land managers, Traditional Owners and local communities.
- The Cardinia Creek Regional Parklands Future Directions Plan will identify the values and priorities for the parklands and guide how they should be managed and protected.
More info: Engage Victoria website
Black Spot Program works
Black Spot projects target those road locations where crashes are occurring. By funding measures such as traffic signals and roundabouts at dangerous locations, this federal and state government program reduces the risk of crashes.