Draft review of the Cardinia Planning Scheme
Draft review now open for public comment
A draft review of the Cardinia Planning Scheme has been prepared and is now open for public comment.
Council is legally required to regularly review the Cardinia Planning Scheme to ensure that it is up to date, consistent with Victorian Government planning policy, and does not contain errors. The last significant review of the Cardinia Planning Scheme was in 2012.
What is the Cardinia Planning Scheme?
Each local government in Victoria is covered by a planning scheme. The Cardinia Planning Scheme sets out how land is protected and how it can be used and developed in Cardinia Shire. It includes state and local content.
Planning schemes require changes from time to time to achieve certain planning outcomes, support new policies and to ensure that requirements continue to meet the needs of the local community.
You can view the Cardinia Planning Scheme on the DELWP website
What does the review of the Cardinia Planning Scheme cover?
The review addresses changes made since 2012 and proposes to include the following in the updated Planning Scheme:
- Changes to the State Planning Policy, including the introduction of the ‘refreshed’ Plan Melbourne (2017 -2050)
- Other relevant State Government documents such as Planning Practice Notes
- Changes at a local level, which include:
- Changes to the Urban Growth Boundary resulting in the inclusion of Pakenham East into the growth corridor
- Precinct Structure Planning that is being undertaken and completed
- Changes of economic significance such as the relocation of the Pakenham Racecourse to Tynong.
- Work that has already been undertaken by Council’s Strategic Planning Team such as the introduction of a Gaming Policy and the Airport Policy, and the completion of the Beaconsfield Structure Plan.
- Relevant Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal and Planning Panels decisions
- A review of relevant Council documents that contain planning actions such as the Council Plan and the Liveability Plan
What is not covered by the review?
Changes to the zoning or overlays on specific properties are not proposed as part of this review. The review is a high level strategic analysis of the Cardinia Planning Scheme and does not focus on particular addresses or properties.
Once the consultation period has been completed, we will use the feedback to inform changes to the Cardinia Planning Scheme.
A planning scheme amendment will then be undertaken to introduce these changes. This will go through an additional public consultation process.
Community information session
For information go to our events calendar
Make a submission
Submissions must be in writing.
|Send your written feedback to email@example.com|
|Post||Post your written feedback to:
Cardinia Planning Scheme Review
Cardinia Shire Council
PO Box 7
Pakenham VIC 3810
|Hand deliver||Drop your written feedback into our Customer Service Centre at 20 Siding Avenue, Officer. (View our location in Google Maps).|
Due date for submissions
Submissions must be received by 5pm, Friday 17 August 2018.
For more information contact the Strategic Planning Team on 1300 787 624