Amendment C238 - Draft Glismann Road Development Plan
About the amendment
Amendment C238 seeks to rezone land in the Glismann Road, Beaconsfield area to allow for residential development and include a detailed development plan overlay (DPO).
Progress to date
- A report was presented to Council on 19 February 2018 seeking authorisation from the Minister for Planning to prepare an amendment to facilitate the development of the Glismann Road area (Amendment C238).
- The authorisation request and proposed amendment documentation was submitted to the Minister for Planning on the 29 March 2018.
- In April 2018 the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) advised Council that C238 required further review and that a decision on the authorisation application would be made as soon as possible following further review.
- In June 2018, DELWP outlined the matters that needed to be addressed by Council with regards to the submitted amendment documentation.
Latest Council Report
- address the issues raised by the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP); and,
- outline the further investigations that have taken place since the report was presented to Council on the 19 February 2018.
The report outlines that:
- The amendment still seeks to rezone land in the Glismann Road area to allow for residential development and include a detailed development plan overlay (DPO).
- A Development Contributions Plan (DCP) or Infrastructure Contributions Plan (ICP) is not supported for the Glismann Road area.
- The future Glismann Road Development Plan will need to address infrastructure delivery prior to the commencement of any subdivision within the Glismann Road area.
Current status of the amendment
Council submitted the revised documentation to DELWP on 30 October 2018.
The State Government has now entered the ‘caretaker period’ in the lead up to the 2018 Victorian state election. The time at which the caretaker period ends will depend on the outcome of the election.
DELWP has advised Council that the Minister for Planning will not be able to make a decision about the Glismann Road amendment during the ‘caretaker period’.
Where to from here?
Council will continue to work with DELWP to ensure that the amendment request continues to be assessed and processed during the caretaker period so that it will be ready to be considered by the Minister after the caretaker period ends. Once the Minister for Planning has authorised the preparation of the amendment the Glismann Road amendment (C238) will then proceed to the exhibition phase.