Amendment C238 - Draft Glismann Road Development Plan
About the amendment
Amendment C238 seeks to rezone land in the Glismann Road, Beaconsfield area to allow for residential development and include a detailed development plan overlay (DPO).
Progress to date
- A report was presented to Council on 19 February 2018 seeking authorisation from the Minister for Planning to prepare an amendment to facilitate the development of the Glismann Road area (Amendment C238).
- The authorisation request and proposed amendment documentation was submitted to the Minister for Planning on the 29 March 2018.
- In April 2018 the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) advised Council that C238 required further review and that a decision on the authorisation application would be made as soon as possible following further review.
- In June 2018, DELWP outlined the matters that needed to be addressed by Council with regards to the submitted amendment documentation.
Latest Council Report
- address the issues raised by the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP); and,
- outline the further investigations that have taken place since the report was presented to Council on the 19 February 2018.
The report outlines that:
- The amendment still seeks to rezone land in the Glismann Road area to allow for residential development and include a detailed development plan overlay (DPO).
- A Development Contributions Plan (DCP) or Infrastructure Contributions Plan (ICP) is not supported for the Glismann Road area.
- The future Glismann Road Development Plan will need to address infrastructure delivery prior to the commencement of any subdivision within the Glismann Road area.
Current status of the amendment
Council submitted the revised documentation to DELWP on 30 October 2018.
Council will work with DELWP to ensure the Glismann Road amendment (C238) continues to be assessed. Once the Minister for Planning has authorised preparation of the amendment, it will proceed to the exhibition phase.