Have your say on the draft revised Officer Precinct Structure Plan (PSP)
About the revised Officer PSP and Amendment C232
The Officer Precinct Structure Plan was originally prepared by Council in 2011. It guides the development of the Officer precinct, and reserves land for key infrastructure, such as roads, local parks and community uses.
The Victorian Planning Authority (VPA) in consultation with Cardinia Shire Council is reviewing the Officer Precinct Structure Plan, focusing on the future Officer town centre. Amendment C232 to the Cardinia Planning Scheme seeks to implement the amended Officer PSP.
The review aims to:
- unlock investment in Officer town centre by simplifying and improving the flexibility of the planning controls that apply to the town centre
- balance the desired outcomes for the town centre, such as quality built-form and public spaces, with the need for timely development of services and infrastructure required by the new community.
The review will:
- consolidate the form and content of the parts of the PSP that relate to the town centre
- standardise the residential and commercial zones applied by the urban growth zone
- redraft the Officer Town Centre Urban Design Framework to reduce duplication with the PSP and increase flexibility.
The review will not:
- change the future urban structure (layout) of the town centre, for example, the location of roads
- alter the general intent of the Officer PSP, urban growth zone schedule or urban design framework.
Once approved, the Cardinia Planning Scheme will be amended to incorporate the revised PSP.
On exhibition for your feedback
A revised PSP and Amendment C232 to the Cardinia Planning Scheme are now on exhibition. You are welcome to provide feedback.
Changes made to the PSP are noted as either ‘inserted’, ‘deleted’ or ‘amended by C232’.
View the documents
Go to the Officer Precinct Structure Plan web page on the VPA website to view:
- the Officer PSP and DCP
- accompanying documentation for Amendment C232 to the Cardinia Planning Scheme
- a newsletter describing the vision and key features of the revised Officer PSP and information on Amendment C232
You can also view these documents in hard copy during office hours, at no cost, at:
- Victorian Planning Authority, Level 25, 35 Collins Street, Melbourne
- Cardinia Shire Council’s Customer Service Centre, 20 Siding Avenue, Officer
The VPA and Council will host two drop-in information sessions at Cardinia Shire Council offices about the revised Officer PSP and the Amendment:
- Tuesday 17 April 2018, 5.30pm to 7pm
- Thursday 19 April 2018, 4.30pm to 6pm
At these sessions you can discuss the plan with the VPA and council planners. If you cannot attend contact the VPA to arrange a separate meeting time.
How to give feedback
Any person may make a submission on the revised Officer PSP and Amendment C232 to the Cardinia Planning Scheme in writing to the Victorian Planning Authority and send it by post or email to:
Victorian Planning Authority
Level 25, 35 Collins Street,
Melbourne VIC 3000
Due date for submissions
Submissions must be received by 5pm, Friday 27 April 2018.
By making a submission, you give permission for it to be made public and to be identified as the author.
What are the next steps?
Following consideration of submissions, the VPA will consult with submitters to refine the PSP as appropriate. Any submissions that cannot be resolved will be referred to an independent planning panel for consideration. If submissions are referred to a panel, Planning Panels Victoria will invite submitters to appear at a panel hearing in support of their submission.