Cardinia Planning Scheme and planning scheme amendments
About planning scheme amendments
The Planning and Environment Act 1987 provides for an instrument of planning control, the planning scheme. A planning scheme is a statutory document which sets out objectives, policies and provisions for the use, development and protection of land.
Planning schemes consist of:
- maps which show how the land is zoned and overlays affecting the land
- an ordinance which sets out the written requirements of a scheme and the types of use or development which needs a permit
- incorporated documents – studies, strategies, guidelines and policies that are incorporated and also form part of the planning scheme
For more info on planning schemes go to the DELWP website
View proposed planning scheme amendments
Sometimes the Cardinia Planning Scheme is amended. Changes may be made by Council, the Minister for Planning or any other Minister or public authority specified in the Planning and Environment Act 1987. Landowners may also apply to amend zones and controls that affect their land.
Planning scheme amendment fees apply. To view the fees go to the DELWP website.
Make a submission on a proposed amendment
Any person affected by an amendment is entitled to make a submission.
Use our submission form to make a submission to an amendment currently on exhibition.
It is important to note, submissions to amendments are public documents under the Planning and Environment Act 1987 (the Act). Section 21(2) of the Act requires a planning authority, to make a copy of every submission available at its office for any person to inspect during office hours free of charge until the end of two months after an amendment comes into operation or lapses.
To ensure a submission is considered, it must be received no later than 5pm on the final day of exhibition.
Pakenham Activity Centre Parking Overlay
Amendment C244 proposes to apply a Parking Overlay to the Pakenham Activity Centre, as identified by the Pakenham Parking Precinct Plan (May 2018), and proposes to include this document as a reference document at Clause 21.04 Economic Development of the Cardinia Planning Scheme.
- On exhibition: Thursday 4 October 2018 to Tuesday 6 November 2018
- More information: Amendment C244 - Pakenham Activity Centre Parking Overlay
Pakenham Structure Plan Heritage Review (February 2018) recommendations
Amendment C242 proposes to put in place the recommendations of the Pakenham Structure Plan Heritage Review (February 2018). This would ensure the protection of the Pakenham Activity Centre's cultural, aesthetic and architectural heritage, by applying heritage controls to a number of places and precincts.
- On exhibition: 6 August 2018 to 7 September 2018.
- More information: View Amendment C242 on the DELWP website
Draft Glismann Road Development Plan
Amendment C238 proposes to rezone the land from the Rural Living Zone (RLZ) and General Residential (GRZ1) to the General Residential 2 Zone (GRZ2), apply a Development Plan Overlay (DPO) to the area, remove the Environmental Significance Landscape Overlay Schedule 1 (ESO1) and introduce an Environment Audit Overlay (EAO) on a property that has been identified as having a high potential contamination risk.
This amendment is currently on hold pending further review.
More information: Amendment C238 - Draft Glismann Road Development Plan.
Cardinia Planning Scheme corrections
Amendment C237 seeks to amend various provisions of the Cardinia Planning Scheme to correct mapping anomalies, delete redundant controls and correct ordinance errors.
- On exhibition: 7 June 2018 to 19 July 2018.
- More information: View Amendment C237 on the DELWP website
Pakenham East Precinct Structure Plan
Amendment C234 incorporates the Pakenham East Precinct Structure Plan into the planning scheme.
- On exhibition: 18 February 2018 to 23 February 2018.
- Council report: The amendment went to Council on 19 March 2018. Read item 1 of the Council meeting agenda.
- More information: View Amendment C234 on the DELWP website and Pakenham East Precinct Structure Plan web page on the VPA website.
Officer Precinct Structure Plan Town Centre review
Amendment C232 seeks to implement an amended Officer Precinct Structure Plan.
The Victorian Planning Authority (VPA) in consultation with Cardinia Shire Council is reviewing the Officer Town Centre.
Southern Brown Bandicoot Environmental Significance Overlay
Amendment C229 proposes to apply an Environmental Significance Overlay (ESO7) to protect habitat for the Southern Brown Bandicoots in the townships of Tynong, Garfield and Bunyip.
- On exhibition: Thursday 4 October 2018 to Wednesday 7 November 2018
- More information: Amendment C229 - Southern Brown Bandicoot habitat protection
Officer Precinct Structure Plan (September 2011) policy repairs
Amendment C226 seeks to repair inconsistent policy in the Urban Growth Zone Schedule 3 (UGZ3) and the applied Schedule of the Rural Conservation Zone (RCZ) that prevents development in the 3 lots identified from occurring in line with the Officer Precinct Structure Plan (PSP) that was adopted by Council in 2011.
- On exhibition: 22 June to 24 July 2017.
- Panel hearing status: Hearing held on 5 and 6 December 2017. Report received on 5 February 2018.
- Council decision: Adopted by Council on 19 February 2018. Read the Council report on the adoption of Amendment C226.
- More information: View Amendment C226 on the DELWP website.
Beaconsfield Structure Plan (December 2013) key objectives
Amendment C220 implements the key objectives of the Beaconsfield Structure Plan (December 2013).
- On exhibition: 9 November 2017 to 11 December 2017.
- Panel hearing status: Panel Hearing held on Wednesday 28 March 2018.
- More information: Amendment C220 - Beaconsfield Design and Development Overlays (DDOs).
80 McDonalds Track and Westernport Road, Lang Lang
Amendment C205 seeks to rezone part of the land at 80 McDonalds Track and Westernport Road, Lang Lang.
- On exhibition: 2 November to 4 December 2017.
- More information: View Amendment C205 on the DELWP website
The Victoria Government Gazette provides official notification of actiosn or decisions taken by, or information from, or information from, the Governor of Victoria, Government authorities, Government Departments, local councils, companies and individuals, including planning decisions,