Cardinia Planning Scheme and planning scheme amendments
About planning scheme amendments
The Planning and Environment Act 1987 provides for an instrument of planning control, the planning scheme. A planning scheme is a statutory document which sets out objectives, policies and provisions for the use, development and protection of land.
Planning schemes consist of:
- maps which show how the land is zoned and overlays affecting the land
- an ordinance which sets out the written requirements of a scheme and the types of use or development which needs a permit
- incorporated documents – studies, strategies, guidelines and policies that are incorporated and also form part of the planning scheme.
View proposed planning scheme amendments
Sometimes the Cardinia Planning Scheme is amended. Changes may be made by Council, the Minister for Planning or any other Minister or public authority specified in the Planning and Environment Act 1987. Landowners may also apply to amend zones and controls that affect their land.
Planning scheme amendment fees apply. To view the fees go to the DELWP website.
This amendment rezones part of the land at 80 McDonalds Track and Westernport Road, Lang Lang.
- On exhibition: 2 November to 4 December 2017
- More information: Amendment C205 web page on DELWP website
This amendment implements the key objectives of the Beaconsfield Structure Plan December 2013.
- On exhibition: 9 November 2017 to 11 December 2017
- Panel hearing status: Hearing held on Wednesday 7 March 2018
- More information: Amendment C220 web page on DelWP website
This amendment repairs inconsistent policy in the Urban Growth Zone Schedule 3 (UGZ3) and the applied Schedule of the Rural Conservation Zone (RCZ) that prevents development in the 3 lots identified from occurring in line with the Officer Precinct Structure Plan (PSP) that was adopted by Council in 2011.
- On exhibition: 22 June to 24 July 2017.
- Panel hearing status: Hearing held on 5 and 6 December 2017. Report received on 5 February 2018.
- Council decision: Adopted by Council on 19 February 2018. Read the Council report on the adoption of Amendment C226.
- More information: Amendment C226 web page on DELWP website.
This amendment corrects a number of mapping and ordinance anomalies in the Cardinia Planning Scheme.
Officer Precinct Structure Plan Town Centre review.
- On exhibition: 22 March 2018 to 27 April 2018.
- More information: Officer Precinct Structure Plan web page on the VPA website and the Have your say on the draft revised Officer Precinct Structure Plan web page on Council's website.
This amendment incorporates the Pakenham East Precinct Structure Plan into the planning scheme.
- On exhibition: 18 February 2018 to 23 February 2018.
- Council report: The amendment went to Council on 19 March 2018. Read item 1 of the Council meeting agenda.
- More information: Amendment C234 web page on the DELWP website; Pakenham East Precinct Structure Plan web page on the VPA website.
Make a submission
Any person affected by an amendment is entitled to make a submission.
It is important to note, submissions to amendments are public documents under the Planning and Environment Act 1987 (the Act). Section 21(2) of the Act requires a planning authority, to make a copy of every submission available at its office for any person to inspect during office hours free of charge until the end of two months after an amendment comes into operation or lapses.
Use our submission form to make a submission to an amendment currently on exhibition.
To ensure a submission is considered, it must be received no later than 5pm on the final day of exhibition.
The Victoria Government Gazette provides official notification of actiosn or decisions taken by, or information from, or information from, the Governor of Victoria, Government authorities, Government Departments, local councils, companies and individuals, including planning decisions,