The Cardinia Shire community is invited to come together for a community sports day to recognise the International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, Intersexism and Transphobia (IDAHOBIT).
Cardinia Shire Council encourages a sense of belonging for all people within our shire and supports an inclusive community of people.
The community try sports and participation day will take place on Sunday 16 May from 10am to 1pm at the James Bathe Community and Sports Hub on Caversham Drive, Pakenham.
The event will be run in partnership with Proud 2 Play and the Rainbow Sports Alliance which includes a number of state sporting associations that will provide fun and engaging active participation opportunities for all skill levels and abilities.
Some of the activities on the day will include:
- Escaping Your Comfort Zone (information on bushwalking, how to get started, where and when to walk)
- Hockey Victoria will run a skills session and “take on the keeper” activity
- Netball Victoria will run a series of games to build social skills
- Athletics Victoria will host a “running for beginners” session. This will be hosted by the Melbourne Front Runners
- Gymnastics Victoria will run indoor tumbling, movement and balance activities
- Cricket Victoria will run a social six, fun games and skills session
- NRL will run social skills sessions and games
- Football Victoria will run a series of “Go Football” try games
- Fearless Movement Collective will run a safe and fun movement session
- Tennis Victoria will run a mini nets fun session
- Skate Victoria will run a “We Roll” taster session. Registrations are recommended to ensure sizing for skates