Cultivating a Community Orchard - Cockatoo
The Hills Community Gardens are excited to announce the creation of Cockatoo’s very own Community Orchard.
- This event will be taking place on Saturday April 10th from 10:30am to 1:30pm at Hills Community Gardens.
- The day will begin with a workshop run by Dave from Key Permaculture who will host a free workshop about the basics of growing fruit trees in your backyard. Dave will talk you through a range of topics including digging holes, plant orientation, and whether to prune or not to prune in the first 12 months of planting.
- After the workshop, we will begin our Dig In and plant 10 fruiting trees along the sidelines of the community garden beds.
- Morning tea will be on offer.
- Make sure you bring along your gardening gloves and water bottle and pen and paper for the workshop.
To RSVP please fill out the Hills Community Gardens form available here.
For any enquires contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are very keen to share this part of the Beautification grant with you that we received from Cardinia Shire Council.