Pepi's Land, Emerald
- 16 Beaconsfield Emerald Road, Emerald
- Project description
Pepi's Land is a 25-hectare parcel of land in Emerald, located south of Puffing Billy Railway and east of Hogan's Park.
We are developing Pepi's Land into an open space with recreational and environmental features for the community to enjoy.
When complete, the facility will include 4 netball courts, a pavilion, playground, walking and cycling tracks, and a car park.
The netball pavilion will have:
• universally accessible change rooms
• umpire change rooms
• toilets inside and outside the building
• office space
• storage space
• social area and kitchen
• covered spectator areas
• pedestrian paths.
- Council is fully funding the $1.9 million pavilion project.
- Progress update
The pavilion is expected to be finished in late-2020.
The netball courts are complete, including lights, coach boxes, line marking and fencing.
- Benefits for the community
- The pavilion will be a welcome addition to the two new netball courts at Pepi’s Land. It will be well utilised by local clubs including Emerald Netball Club, and will help to boost netball player participation and engagement in the local area.
- Community consultation
- Council worked closely with Emerald Netball Club and the community from the master planning stage to the facility development stage of the project. Key stakeholders will continue to work with Council as the project takes shape during the construction stage.
- December 2019