Have your say on proposed Amendment C235 rezoning 145 Rossiter Road Koo Wee Rup
- The Koo Wee Rup Township Strategy (October 2015) identified the land located at 145 Rossiter Road, Koo Wee Rup (known as Lot 2) as a potential residential development site.
- Council received a request to rezone the land from Farming Zone to Neighbourhood Residential Zone Schedule 1 (NRZ1). At the Council Meeting on 10 December 2019, Council resolved to rezone this land.
- We invite you to give feedback on the proposal.
About Proposed Amendment C235
The proposed Amendment also applies a Development Plan Overlay which facilitates development and guides future land uses on the site. Development Plan Overlay Schedule 22 provides guidance on the location of internal road networks, subdivision layout, staging, open space locations, environment and landscaping, traffic and transport, infrastructure and drainage and urban design and character.
The amendment also corrects the mapping for a heritage property named 'Shepton Mallet' known as HO198 in the Cardinia Planning Scheme's Heritage Overlay.
The proposed Amendment will facilitate the following development components on the site:
- Provide approximately 200 residential lots
- Provide open space of approximately 1.95ha provided by two parks at varying sizes and contains either remnant vegetation or aboriginal cultural heritage site.
- Protect the Southern Brown Bandicoot corridors.
- Provide a retarding basin and constructed wetland.
- Provide a Tree Protection Reserve along Rossiter Road with shared pathways that connects the development to the town centre.
View the documents
View the documentation on DELWP's browse amendments page.
You can also view these documents in hard copy during office hours, free of charge, at Cardinia Shire Council's Customer Service Centre, 20 Siding Avenue, Officer.
Anyone can make a submission.
The submission can do any of the following:
- not support
- seek changes to the form and/or content but not to the terms of any State standard provision.
Under the Planning and Environment Act 1987 submissions to amendments are public documents. Please ensure you read our privacy statement before making a submission.
Make a submission
All submissions must be made in writing and submitted to Council.
The exhibition starts on Thursday 27 June and closes on Friday 2 August 2019.
Late submissions will not be considered.
How to make a submission
|Online||Submit the online form|
|Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org|
Mail your submission to:
|Hand deliver||Drop your submission into our Customer Service Centre at 20 Siding Avenue, Officer. (View our location in Google Maps).|
What are the next steps?
If concerns cannot be resolved by making changes to the amendment, Council may refer submissions to an independent Planning Panel for review. The Planning Panel is appointed by the Minister for Planning. It will hold a public hearing where all submitters can present and be heard.
The Planning Panel will review each submission individually and provide a report with recommendations to Council and the Minister for Planning.
Preliminary hearing dates
- Directions Hearing: Monday 14 October 2019
- Panel Hearing: Monday 18 November 2019
Further details about any Planning Panel hearing and specific dates will be provided at a later date to those who make a submission.
Call the Strategic Planning team on 1300 787 624 or email email@example.com