COVID-19 Information Hub

  • This page features web links, fact sheets and videos on topics including support available for individuals, households and businesses, getting tested, how to protect yourself and others, family violence support, and looking after your mental health.

TIP: To jump straight to information about a particular topic on this page, use the jump-to menu. (You'll find this at the top of your screen on a mobile device, or to your left on a desktop). 

COVID-19 restrictions

Information about current restrictions is available from the Department of Health.

Department of Health coronavirus website

Information on the delivery of Council services during this time

Changes and impacts to Council services due to COVID-19   Council's COVID Safe Plan

Vaccination clinic 

James Bathe Community and Sports Hub
67 Caversham Drive, Pakenham
More info including booking info, opening hours: EACH COVID-19 vaccination clinics 

High-volume vaccination centres near Cardinia Shire

  • Cranbourne Turf Club, 50 Grant Street Cranbourne (appointments only)
  • Sandown Racecourse, 591-659 Princes Hwy, Springvale (appointments only)
  • St John of God Hospital, 75 Kangan Drive, Berwick (appointments only)

To book your vaccination at a state-run clinic, visit the Coronavirus Victoria – Vaccines page or call the Department of Health COVID hotline on 1800 675 398 (7 days a week 8am to 8pm). 

Vaccine info for Cardinia Shire from Monash Health

Visit Monash Health website for COVID-19 vaccine information to:

Vaccine info for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders who are aged 16 years and over can get their COVID-19 vaccine now.   

How to book an appointment 

  • People aged 50 years and over will have access to COVID-19 vaccination through their Aboriginal Health Service, local GP, community health centre or through a state vaccination centre. 
  • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples aged 16 – 49 years will be able to get their COVID-19 vaccine at participating Aboriginal Health Services or through a state vaccination centre.
  • Visit the Victorian Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (VACCHO) website for information about your nearest service.

More info

•    Victorian Government - info for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
•    Australian Government - info for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities 

Exposure sites are places people infected by COVID-19 have visited. If you have visited the same location at times specified, you may be at risk of having contracted the virus. 

Visit the exposure sites webpage on the Department of Health website for: 

  •  a list/map of all public exposure sites (these are searchable by suburb and date of exposure) 
  • health advice on what you need to do if you have been to that exposure site.  

Exposure sites - Department of Health

COVID-19 testing sites in Cardinia Shire 

Pakenham: Drive-through testing site, IYU Recreation Reserve, 165 Henry Road, Pakenham, open Monday - Sunday, 9am to 4pm

You can also visit the Department of Health website for info about: 

GP respiratory clinic at Emerald

Adults and children with low-grade respiratory symptoms can access high quality, accessible care here, rather than going to a hospital. 
Location: EACH clinic, 348 Belgrave Gembrook Rd Emerald. 

More info: GP Respiratory clinics, Victorian Government Department of Health website 

COVID-19 testing at home for vulnerable people

The Call-to-Test service is available to some of Victoria's most vulnerable community members, so they can get tested for COVID-19 at home.

For more information including eligibility criteria visit the Department of Health website.

Call-to-Test information

1800 675 398 – open 24 hours, 7 days a week. 

For enquiries about COVID-19 health concerns or current restrictions. 

Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only.

Australian Government - easy to read coronavirus resources


National Interpreter Symbol

COVID-19 information in your language 

Department of Health - translated resources   Beyond Blue - mental health translated resources 

Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS)

If you need an interpreter, call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) on 131 450 to speak to an interpreter. Ask them to phone Cardinia Shire Council on 1300 787 624

This directory puts you in touch with local service providers and key organisations that can provide support during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please note it is not an exhaustive listing.

  • Community groups and organisations may find the shorter version also provided below (the flyer) useful. We are happy for this resource to be shared with other organisations.  
  • Please note organisations listed are not Cardinia Shire Council services. The information has been complied in good faith however Council accepts no responsibility for the service or information they provide. 

View the directory  View the flyer 

View the directory (BISLAMA) View the flyer (BISLAMA)

The Australian Government is providing a range of financial assistance and payments to support individuals and households.

Treasury – Supporting individuals and households

Emergency relief packages

Vulnerable Victorians who need to self-quarantine due to COVID-19 and don’t have enough food to feed themselves or their families may be eligible to receive a relief package of basic supplies. Visit the Department of Health website for more information.

Emergency relief packages

Find work or employees if you’ve been impacted by COVID-19

The Victorian Government has established a fund to help jobseekers find work and employers find workers. This includes people who have lost their jobs, or businesses who need more workers due to the impacts of COVID-19.

Victorian Government – Working for Victoria

Other support

Find out more about Victorian Government financial support for businesses and workers.

Financial support for businesses and workers

Visit the Cardinia Business portal

Extreme hardship support program

  • The Extreme Hardship Support Program can provide financial assistance, information and referrals to people living in Victoria who are experiencing significant hardship as a result of COVID-19, and who are unable to access other forms of Victorian Government and Australian Government income support.
  • The program provides support for temporary and provisional visa holders and undocumented migrants with little or no income, savings or community support.

Find out more about the Extreme Hardship Support Program (Word)

Rates payments 

  • Payment plan options – everyone is encouraged to request a rates payment plan after receiving their rates. 
  • Rates rebate – if you receive JobSeeker, you can apply for a $50 JobSeeker rebate
  • Interest waiver – interest on outstanding rates payments and action to recover this year's rates has been automatically suspended until 30 June 2021.
  • Financial hardship – If you’re facing financial hardship and having difficulty making payments against your rates, we’re here to help. You can submit a financial hardship application form and we’ll be in touch to discuss your options. To further support ratepayers suffering serious financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ll also waive 1.5% of your 2021-22 rates (excluding fire services property levy and waste charges) upon approval of your financial hardship application.

Protecting your gas and electricity from getting disconnected

Households facing economic hardship because of COVID-19 are protected from having their gas or electricity disconnected, as a result of reforms put in place by the Victorian Government. 

  • Under the reforms, energy retailers must give assistance to any household that contacts them because they're having trouble paying their bills. The assistance could include a payment plan, putting account payments on hold while customers work towards paying for their usage, or extending bill due dates.
  • If you are struggling financially, contact your service provider as you cannot be disconnected while participating in a hardship plan. 

Help with your water bill

If you are struggling to pay your South East water bill, fill out this online form on the South East Water website and their team will contact you about payment solutions. 

Get support and advice for taking control of your bills

You may be able to get help with a cheaper rate on your energy bill by contacting your service provider or comparing energy plans at the Compare Energy website, which is provided by the Victorian Government. 

The Victorian Government has also provided funding to give support and advice, in partnership with community organisations, to households that are currently struggling to pay their energy bills:

  • Brotherhood of St Laurence is helping eligible Victorians with free and independent advice on lowering energy costs. Register your interest by calling 1800 830 029 or submitting the online form.
  • EnergyInfoHub is providing free webinars and information to help reduce energy costs using simple steps.

Relief grants for paying overdue energy or water bills

If you have experienced an unexpected financial hardship and need urgent help to pay your next electricity, gas, or water bill, you may be eligible for a utility relief grant of up to $650 from the Victorian Government.

To be eligible, you must:

  • be a concession card holder, or on a very low income
  • and meet the criteria for facing financial hardship.

Department of Health – Utility relief grant scheme (electriciy, gas and water)

Firewood and other non-mains energy sources  

If you’re facing financial hardship 

If you have experienced an unexpected financial hardship and need urgent help to pay your next bill for firewood, fuel, or other non-mains energy source that you rely on, you may be eligible for a non-mains energy grant of up to $650 from the Victorian Government. 

To be eligible, you must: 

  • be a concession card holder, or on a very low income 
  • and meet the criteria for facing financial hardship. 

Department of Health – utility relief grant scheme (non-mains)  

Annual concessions 

The Victorian Government also provides assistance to concession card holders who rely on firewood, fuel, or other non-mains energy sources, for heating, cooking or hot water. 

Department of Health – non-mains energy concessions 

National Debt Helpline 

The helpline is a not-for-profit service that helps you tackle your debt problems. They are not a lender. Their professional financial counsellors offer a free, independent and confidential service to help you get back on track. 

For advice visit the National Debt Helpline website or call 1800 007 007

Getting the support you need

If you feel you are in immediate danger, call 000. 

It's normal to feel overwhelmed, stressed or anxious during a time like this. It’s important to remind yourself that this is a normal reaction.

These organisations can offer you support during the COVID-19 pandemic. 



  • A new, free mental health clinic has opened in Officer. To connect with the service, call the number below.
  • A trained professional will take your call, provide advice and, if you need it, connect you to a HeadtoHelp hub or help you find the support that suits your needs.
  • No GP referral is needed. 


Ph: 1800 595 212 (free call) Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm


HeadtoHelp - how we can help




Ph: 13 11 44
Chat: Crisis support chat 
Text : 0477 131 114


Mental health and wellbeing during the COVID-19 outbreak


Suicide Call Back Service 


Ph: 1300 65 94 67
Website: Online counselling


Physical, mental and financial support during COVID-19  


Rainbow Door 

Info  Rainbow Door is a free specialist LGBTIQA+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Gender Diverse, Intersex, Queer, Asexual, BrotherBoys, SisterGirls) helpline providing information, support, and referral to all LGBTIQA+ Victorians, their friends and family during the COVID-19 crisis and beyond. 


Ph: 1800 729 367
Text: 0480 017 246


COVID-19 resources


Department of Health


Mental health resources during COVID-19

This link will take you to information including:

  • Managing isolation
  • Children and young people
  • Parents and families
  • Older people and seniors
  • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
  • Culturally and linguistically diverse communities
  • LGBTIQ+ communities


Kids Helpline (for people aged 5 to 25) 


Ph: 1800 55 1800   
Website: WebChat


Are you worried about coronavirus? 


Raising Children


Parentline Victoria
Ph: 132 289


COVID-19: Information for parents and carers

This link takes you to information including:  

  • talking with children and teenagers about physical distancing and self-isolation
  • physical distancing and children with disability, autism and other conditions
  • physical distancing and family wellbeing.   


Headspace (for people 12 to 25) 


Website: Group chats
Connect with a clinician
e headspace online support and counselling


Here for you during coronavirus (COVID-19)


Reach Out (for under 25s) 


Website: Online forums


Coping during coronavirus (COVID-19) 

This link will take you to information including: 

10 ways to take care of yourself during coronavirus
How to deal with uncertainty during coronavirus
Stories from young people during coronavirus
Dealing with bad world news
How to talk to your teenager about coronavirus
Stressed about study during coronavirus?
Staying socially connected during coronavirus


Beyond Blue 


Ph: 1300 22 4636
Website: Online forums and online form


Coronavirus mental wellbeing support service 

This link takes you to information including:  

  • small business owners and mental health
  • staying connected during a pandemic
  • how to talk to kids about coronavirus
  • ways to stay positive if you’ve lost your job. 


MensLine Australia


Ph: 1300 78 99 78
Website: Online chat and video chat counselling


Physical, mental and financial support during COVID-19


Dardi Munwurro - Aboriginal Men's Crisis Support Line


Ph: 1800 435 799
Website: Online form


Black Dog Institute 


Coronavirus: Resources for anxiety, stress and wellbeing


Australian Psychological Society 


Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for Australians

This link takes you to information including: 

  • Maintaining your mental health during social isolation
  • Tips for coping with coronavirus anxiety 
  • Coronavirus anxiety and staying mentally healthy - for older adults
  • Accessing your psychologist via telehealth. 


Sane Australia


Ph: 1800 18 7263
Website: Lived Experience forum

In an emergency dial 000. 

Family violence frontline services, including crisis accommodation, police and courts continue to operate to support women, children and families during the coronavirus emergency.

Safe Steps is Victoria’s 24/7 family violence response centre. When it’s safe to do so, contact or have someone you know contact Safe Steps 24/7 on 1800 015 188 or so you can plan for your and your children’s safety – regardless of whether you want to stay in the relationship or leave.

Safe Steps website

  • With more people staying at home to reduce the community spread of COVID-19, there may be an increased risk for victim survivors experiencing family violence.
  • The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and self-isolation requirements may impact you or your family. There may be financial pressure, family tensions or a heightened sense of uncertainty and anxiety. No matter what the external stressors, violence should not be tolerated.
  • Has the behaviour of your partner or family member/s made you feel threatened or unsafe? Family violence can include emotional abuse, financial abuse, physical or sexual violence, and coercive and controlling behaviour. This can include abusers restricting your movements, access to communication technology or isolating you from friends or family.  
  • It may be very difficult to reach out for assistance during the coronavirus emergency. Be assured that you have the right to feel safe, access medical support and maintain contact with friends and family. You also have the right to leave the house and won’t be fined if you do so.
  • Victoria Police continue to address and prevent family violence as a priority. The police response remains unchanged. 
  • All Magistrates’ Courts are open. Family Violence matters – including Family Violence Intervention Orders – continue to be heard, with urgent and high-risk matters being prioritised. 

Department of Health - Family violence crisis response and support during Coronavirus

Where to get assistance 

Safe Steps

The state-wide crisis service for those who need to leave a violent situation and access emergency crisis accommodation. 
Ph: 1800 015 188 for help, 24/7. 


20 Princes Highway, Dandenong

Ph: 9791 6111, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Online form
After hours: 1800 015 188 

Berwick office currently closed.

View information about family violence support services

Victims of Crime Helpline 

1800 819 817 or text 0427 767 891 (8am to 11pm every day)

Sexual Assault Crisis Line  1800 806 292 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
Men's Referral Service  1300 766 491 (8am to 9pm Monday to Friday; 9am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday)

For men using controlling behaviour. 

MensLine Australia Support for Australian men, anytime, anywhere, if you have family and relationship concerns. 
Ph: 1300 78 99 78 

Each Child and Family Information, Referral and Support Team (Child FIRST) team provides a central referral point to a range of community-based family services and other supports within specific areas. 

Cardinia Shire ph: 9705 3939

Child Protection To assist children and young people at risk of harm or where families are unable or unwilling to protect them.
Ph: 1300 655 795 (South Division intake, which includes Cardinia Shire) 
(5pm to 9am Monday to Friday, 24 hours on weekends and public holidays)
Kids Helpline  1800 55 1800

Other resources

There are a variety of resources to help you access food and emergency relief packages.

  • Department of Health - Emergency relief packages - Information about the Victorian Government's emergency relief package, which contains essential food and personal care items that are available to vulnerable Victorians who need to quarantine or self-isolate due to COVID-19.
  • Cardinia Farm and Food Directory - This is a directory of local Cardinia Shire farms who sell their products direct to the public and to wholesale markets.
  • Open Food Network interactive map - Search for diverse, independent, local shops in Cardinia Shire that sell seasonal food.
  • Vic Country Market - An online farmer's market for regional Victoria. 
  • Emergency food relief  - This is our directory of local relief service providers, which features emergency food relief providers.
  • Finding Food in Casey, Cardinia and Dandenong is a resource put together by health charity Enliven that includes information on alternatives to shopping at the supermarket, emergency food relief, growing your own food and what to do with excess food.

Free COVID-19 support line for seniors

Senior Australians, their families and carers can now call a dedicated free call support line aimed at supporting the mental health of those impacted by the spread of COVID-19.

Ph: 1800 171 866

Visiting aged care facilities

Department of Health - Visiting aged care facilities

The link will take you to information on: 

  • Current restrictions
  • Which types of care facilities are covered by this restriction?
  • Who can visit people in care facilities?
  • Are there limits on visits?
  • Do I need to call the facility before I visit someone?
  • What other conditions apply?

Advice for older people and seniors from the Victorian Government 

Department of Health - Information for older people and seniors

The link above will take you to information on topics including: 

  • staying safe
  • keeping well
  • staying connected
  • getting support at home
  • support for carers

Advice for older people from the Australian Government 

Department of Health - Advice for older people

The link will take you to information on: 

  • people most at risk
  • protecting yourself
  • symptoms
  • medical appointments and medicines
  • assistance with food and meals
  • wellbeing support

My Aged Care website - Coronavirus (COVID-19) information and support for older Australians 

The link will take you to information including:

  • Where do I find the most up-to-date information?
  • Where do I find specific advice for older people?
  • Why is this virus so dangerous for older people?
  • Can I get help with food and shopping?
  • Can I still have contact with friends and family?
  • I’m feeling lonely and/or worried, what can I do?
  • I need help using technology or the computer – can I get support?

Community Visitors Scheme 

Through the Community Visitors Scheme, anyone receiving government-subsidised residential aged care or Home Care Packages can get visits, phone calls or video meets with volunteers, for friendship and companionship.

To refer someone or yourself to the CVS, or to become a volunteer contact the Victorian provider: Southern Migrant and Refugee Centre (SMRC)

Dementia patients 

The Dementia Australia website has help sheets to help you during COVID-19, including: 

  • tips for people living with dementia 
  • tips for carers, families and friends of people living with dementia 
  • tips for residential care providers 
  • tips for home care providers 

Dementia Australia website – Help sheets

National Dementia Helpline1800 100 500

COVID-19 advice from Department of Education and Training

Department of Education and Training – COVID-19 advice

The link above will take you to information including: 

  • Use of face masks
  • Advice in your language
  • Talking to your child about COVID-19
  • Management of COVID-19 in schools
  • Advice on traineeships and apprentices

Disability information

Local support 

Latrobe Community Health Service is available to support anyone with disability in our local community. 

Ph: 1800 242 696

Disability Information Helpline

  • Provides information and referrals for people with disability who need help because of COVID-19.
  • Can help families, carers and support workers too.
  • Free, private and fact-checked.

Open Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am to 7pm. Closed on national public holidays. Ph: 1800 643 787

National Relay Service  

If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can call the National Relay Service. Ph: 133 677

From the Australian Government 

COVID-19 information for people with disability and their supporters

This link to the Department of Social Services website will take you to information including: 

From the Victorian Government 

Department of Health - Information for people with disability - COVID-19

This link takes you to information including: 


NDIS COVID-19 information and support

This link takes you to information including: 

Contacting the NDIS 

Call 1800 800 110, Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm (local time). Select option 5 for plan enquiries related to COVID-19.

  • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people living in remote communities are at greater risk from COVID-19.
  • Aboriginal peak organisations and leadership are working closely with state, local and federal governments to coordinate response plans and ensure they have the necessary resources, equipment, supplies and support for the Aboriginal community. 

Mental health info for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people

Visit the Victorian Government coronavirus website for a range of mental health resources for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities

Vaccine info for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders who are aged 16 years and over can get their COVID-19 vaccine now.   

How to book an appointment 

  • People aged 50 years and over will have access to COVID-19 vaccination through their Aboriginal Health Service, local GP, community health centre or through a state vaccination centre. 
  • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples aged 16 – 49 years will be able to get their COVID-19 vaccine at participating Aboriginal Health Services or through a state vaccination centre.
  • Visit the Victorian Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (VACCHO) website for information about your nearest service.

VACCHO website

COVID-19 vaccine info for Cardinia Shire

For more info visit:

•    Victorian Government - info for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
•    Australian Government - info for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities 

Australian Government - COVID-19 advice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and remote communities
Department of Health - COVID-19 information for Aboriginal communities

This new directory has information about services available to young people in Cardinia Shire during COVID-19, as well as links to useful information. 

View the directory

Was this page useful?