All residents who are proposing to burn off outside of their allowable zone restrictions (see above section for more information), need to submit an application via the burns register and gain approval prior to any burn taking place.
Please note: properties that are in Zone 1 and are less than 1 hectare in size should not apply as permission will not be granted in accordance with the guidelines set out in the Open Air Burning Policy 2013 (Word, 315KB). Please contact Council if you have any questions.
To submit an application to the burns register, use the online customer service request form and follow the following instructions:
1. Enter your personal details (these will remain confidential).
2. Enter your personal address.
3. Enter you address of issue (this is where you propose to conduct the burn).
4. Choose the category ‘Burn register’.
5. In the text box provided, answer all required questions as outlined in the instructions above the text box. It is important that you answer all questions or you risk your burn off not being approved.
6. Attach a photo showing the location and arrangement of the pile. It is important that you include this photo or you risk your burn off not being approved.
7. Click submit.
8. Your request will then be sent to our Community Risk and Emergency Management Unit for assessment.
9. A written response outlining whether your fire has been deemed ‘safe’ or ‘unsafe’ will be provided via email within two business days.
Alternatively, you can forward a completed application form to Cardinia Shire Council PO Box 7 Pakenham Vic 3810 / fax number 5941 3784 or email to email@example.com, apply in person at our offices or a hard copy form can be obtained by contacting us on 1300 787 624.